Power and plugs- Libya

Advise please I am moving from Bahrain where the power is 230v with 3 pin square (british) plugs.
My research says that libya is 127 v and 3 pin round or an italian type is this the case if so things like microwave, TV cd etc. should I leave behind in Bahrain??

everything works OK, just buy socket adaptors.
Only people coming from somewhere like the US. might suffer (frequency as opposed to voltage).
Bug some surge protectors to cope with 'occasional' fluctuations in voltage and you'll be fine.

220v, 2 pin Shugo Euro type plugs.

Sandman6 wrote:

220v +/- x%   !!!  ;)

Mudman wrote:
Sandman6 wrote:

220v +/- x%   !!!  ;)

Yeah....we run anything electronically sensitive through UPS's.

The actual voltage seems to vary from 210-215v most of the time, and if last year is anything to go by, it'll get worse come the hotter months.

thanks guys great help witkepedia is wrong again !!!!
how about golf courses??? would have to give the clubs away for peanuts here, will probably have space in the steel box.

Sandman6 wrote:

The actual voltage seems to vary from 210-215v most of the time, and if last year is anything to go by, it'll get worse come the hotter months.

Today 40 deg C. A bit of sand blowing about. Power cut. :rolleyes:

The power is still down here as well!

As for Americans or Canadians I searched all around Tripoli trying to find a power converter rated at anything beyond 300 watts. It took me 2 weeks of searching and finally found a decent power converter 220v-110v rated at 500watts with a servo motor control! not just your simple transformer and for a decent price 45ld its kinda bulky but worth every penny to run my dearest Xbox and projector.

Additional info regarding this topic. Most electronic products being made today, except for the mircrowave Which I am not really sure about that, has a wide voltage range, say 100v-230v, this means that your equioment can handle voltages from 100v to 230v without any need for a converter or stabilizers for fluctuations, it's plug and play. You can check your equipment if it complies with this by looking the nameplate of unit. Normally it says there "Voltage". Most laptop power adaptors today are designed this way.

Thanks all great advise.