Might be moving to Celaya...anyone familiar with it?

Hi everyone! I know most the expats live in San Miguel, and I am wondering if anyone has visited or lived in Celaya 45 minutes south. I might have a 6 month work assignment and would have my wife and 3 kids (6 and under) with me. I would appreciate any perspective you have to offer! Guanajuato does not currently have a travel advisory associated with it, but every state has it's dangerous areas and I am wondering if any of you think Celaya would fall under that category.

Thanks!

I think Celaya would be fine.... as with any LARGE city check your neigborhoods... Have the people that you will be working for help you... Someone that has lived there for a long time...
  I go to Celaya to shop...( HomeDepot, Costco etc)  It is just big and dirty/dusty... I am sure there are some beautiful green areas... ask a native.. and Good luck what an adventure

Hi,
Celaya, is safe. There's of course some parts of thw city you dont want to get in, but, in general is a very safe place and people are very nice. Im native from Celaya and I know live in Leon and as an advise, ask your coworkers they are going to be able to help you and advise you, knowing exactly in which neighborhood you are going to stay.