Verifying Qualification certs etc for immigration purposes

Hi Guys
Just a quicky to ask.

I have been offered work in Vietnam for next year and been told that I will need to get my photocopies of my Degree Certificate and my TEFL cert (and presumably my passport and Criminal background checks) all verified and 'Red Stamped' by the British Embassy before posting to the employer in Vietnam, so he can start the process of applying for all my required paperwork.

I have asked if it will be OK to get them notarised by a public notary as it is much easier for me to do this than get up to Bangkok from where I am, additionally I do not think the British Embassy offers this service either.

The problem I am having is that he is not quite getting the gist of what I am asking him, so i am asking if anyone else has any experience of dealing with this requirement, and does the stamp used have to be a RED STAMP, by whoever it is deemed appropriate to verify the documents.

Daiwill wrote:

Hi Guys
Just a quicky to ask.

I have been offered work in Vietnam for next year and been told that I will need to get my photocopies of my Degree Certificate and my TEFL cert (and presumably my passport and Criminal background checks) all verified and 'Red Stamped' by the British Embassy before posting to the employer in Vietnam, so he can start the process of applying for all my required paperwork.

I have asked if it will be OK to get them notarised by a public notary as it is much easier for me to do this than get up to Bangkok from where I am, additionally I do not think the British Embassy offers this service either.

The problem I am having is that he is not quite getting the gist of what I am asking him, so i am asking if anyone else has any experience of dealing with this requirement, and does the stamp used have to be a RED STAMP, by whoever it is deemed appropriate to verify the documents.

In regards to anything I have done involving foreign documents, the Vietnamese government accepts them only after the US government examines them and put their "stamp of approval" on it.  It's probably a liability - pass the buck kind of thing.

If you were in the UK you would get them notarised by a  notary and then sent to the foreign office for them to stamp it and then to the VN embassy for them to stamp.
At least that was the process I went through. How it works in BKK I've got no idea, but the red stamp is the VN stamp.

I have once answered some things familiar in this thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=284529

You may want to check a bit to see if it helps :)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=284529