New Brit/South African in Sao Paulo

Would like to meet others, and get assistance on flatshare's.

Hi Melissa Lindsay,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Could you please give us a little introduce about yourself?

For your accommodation, please have a look at the housing section.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi, I have been in Brasil for 3 weeks, coming from the UK (Oxford).  An old friend of 20 years (will admit that he is an ex boyfriend/fiance), that I left to go to work in Bahrain as, hate to say this as Cabin Crew with Gulf Air for 5 years, - what a twank I was. Returned to South Africa, got married, divorced the usual senario, worked for Eurocopter (learnt to fly an BC105 - out of hours now), then BNP Paribas. I am a hotelier by profession and fluent in French - did a BA in Angers, France at the Catho there. I am now a freelance translator and goes where the wind blows.  Born in Nigeria, schooled in the UK and South Africa (privately - the English expats - send's one's home to be educated!!!???), fat lot of good it did me.  I have lived in the UK, Nigeria, France, Switerland, Bahrain, and now Brazil, not counting the rest that I have visited (4 hours at a petrol station in Austria).  I have 2 step children (girls) 22 and 24, moving from SA to the UK.  I personally have no children.  I smoke too much and love my Sauvingon Blanc aka, Britgitte Jones, but not as fat, forget to eat.  That is me in a nutshell.

hello, for how long have you been living in sao paulo ?

One and half months, think I bought the rain with me.  How long have you been here?

Hi Melissa,

Actually no, you didn't bring the rain with you. It's always like this.

In São Paulo the rainy season starts in October and there is around 100 mm of rain during the month, it drops slightly in November then climbs back up to around 140 mm in December. Peak rainfall is in January at around 200 mm, February and March drop to 150 mm and below. April through September are the dry months.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team