Got Me!!!!

Went to the pharmacy this morning to pick up some scripts. When I went to pay the gal looked at the 10 dollar bill rather dubiously. Bingo.... it was a fake. Grrrrr!!
The funny thing is I got it at and ATM at Bank Pichincha... I'm almost positive.
This was a very good counterfeit. There was not as much foliage around the treasury building, and on the face, the gold 10 in lower right corner should turn green when  angled, of course, my fake didn't
Keep an eye out folks!
Stay Well,
Neil
Ps. anyone interested in it as a novelty... I'll sell it to you for 5 bucks  < grin >

The first time I ever received a counterfeit note was in Bogotá, Colombia. The Colombian Peso COL$50.000 came directly out of an ATM machine and no one could believe me. I was in absolute shock, and what was even better someone wanted to buy it off me, needless to say I refused.

In the United States you would be detained until the SS cleared you. What a difference.

http://yoursmiles.org/ksmile/flag6/brazil-flag-waving-smile.gif

Matt V. - Manaus, Amazonas, Brasil
Visit my Personal Blog - brazilbs.blogspot.com

ZenSPIKE wrote:

Ps. anyone interested in it as a novelty... I'll sell it to you for 5 bucks  < grin >

Deal!  But I pay in cuy and beer.

Sold!!!!
To the Man from Tennessee

Every time I go to the store I wonder if this will be the day they find a counterfeit.  I wonder what would happen if you tried running that bill through one of those change machines.

The machine would catch it. Otherwise all  counterfeiters would pass them at machines.
Back in the early 60's, we'd go down to the pool hall, sit out front on the sidewalk, and rub pennies on end to take off the ridge. Voila, we had a dime for the pin ball machines. They weren't as sophisticated as the machines now. Of course the owner of the pool hall figured it very quickly, and had a " talk " with us.
But, I left my nefarious ways a long time ago! < grin >
Sadly, that bum 10 dollar bill was the last of the money I have.
Brother, can ya lend me a dime?
Neil
Ps. new patio furniture arrives tomorrow. You'll have to stop by and test it sometime.

ZenSPIKE wrote:

The machine would catch it. Otherwise all  counterfeiters would pass them at machines.
Back in the early 60's, we'd go down to the pool hall, sit out front on the sidewalk, and rub pennies on end to take off the ridge. Voila, we had a dime for the pin ball machines. They weren't as sophisticated as the machines now. Of course the owner of the pool hall figured it very quickly, and had a " talk " with us.
But, I left my nefarious ways a long time ago! < grin >
Sadly, that bum 10 dollar bill was the last of the money I have.
Brother, can ya lend me a dime?
Neil
Ps. new patio furniture arrives tomorrow. You'll have to stop by and test it sometime.

Reminds me of when I was a teenager and tried to tape a string to a quarter in order to try and get free credits for the "Asteroids" video game.

New patio furniture? I didn't know you were in the market for new patio furniture other than that granite table for the bar stools. You certainly have enough room for some more. Is this patio furniture coming from Milton the furniture guy or somewhere else? Is it wood, metal or plastic?

No, I didn't go to Milton for the patio furniture, rather a store called EcuaMUEBLE.
The furniture for the most part is metal. 2 lounge chairs with fabric over the metal frame, a couple of chairs that match the loungers, a table w/ teak top, and of course, the obligatory umbrella.

ZenSPIKE wrote:

No, I didn't go to Milton for the patio furniture, rather a store called EcuaMUEBLE.
The furniture for the most part is metal. 2 lounge chairs with fabric over the metal frame, a couple of chairs that match the loungers, a table w/ teak top, and of course, the obligatory umbrella.

Okay, I have been in EcuaMueble a couple of times. They have a store behind Mall del Rio as well, but it only has office furniture.

I have thought about a table to complement the cocktail table. The cocktail table allows me see over the wall of the terrace, but a person can only sit in bar stools for only so long.

Here is a photo of a table I had considered, but I will probably ultimately go with a cheap plastic table from Coral, since I can't handle any more expenses

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-LxPnU-fPiL0/UnA3lXvGkhI/AAAAAAAABW0/vSzem8D5_DQ/s800/2013-10-03%252011.59.30.jpg

That's the table I got, but with different chairs. I also recognized the brown pillows on your sofa. He must pump a ton of that model out.
I know I paid too much for my patio stuff, but he gave me a 15% discount off the list price. What the hell you gonna do?
Your place and furniture looks very nice.
Good Job!!

Neil
I hope at least you were able to get your meds. I feel for you.

Ray

Thanks for the concern Ray.
It was not a problem. I had more cash on hand. Plus, 3 different scripts, for 30 days each: Total cost was $5.40, which my insurance pays for.
Good to hear from you.
Stay Well,
Neil