Trying to break the boredom!

I have been in Amman since last March and now I am climbing the walls of our apartment.  I am missing my friends and find that my friends back home cannot relate to my new life here :(  Kinda sucks.  I was glad that I found this expat site for people in Jordan hoping I can find someone that can relate to what I am going through!

If you like,you can join us for Sea Food night out with other expats,n lets break the "ice" of boredom :)

Regard

Kate :)

Marhaba Jlane22,

Welcome on board to this site.
I know what you mean about climbing walls ;)
I am trying to go to the Sea food night and it would be nice if you are able to come.

Hi guys, when and where will be the sea food night?

Regards,

Where in Virginia?  I'm from Roanoke, living in Jordan since 2010.  Are you on the Sisters in Amman group?

Fredericksburg area most of my life then last few years in falls church... I have no idea what sisters n Amman is

Sisters In Amman is an online support group, mostly American,  They have monthly meet-ups and smaller groups getting together more frequently. PM your email address, if you are interested in an invitation to the group.

We have so many groups here for women.  We also meet every Monday morning for coffee, a group of us who are from mostly the US and UK.  You don't need to sit at home, come out and enjoy all that is available for the expat community.

Message me and I will give you details.

VWBug

why don't you try dancing classes? alot of expats dance and it is a great way to  meet new people -try arthur murray its an international school so you can continue your dancing wherever you go

vwbug wrote:

We have so many groups here for women.  We also meet every Monday morning for coffee, a group of us who are from mostly the US and UK.  You don't need to sit at home, come out and enjoy all that is available for the expat community.

Message me and I will give you details.

VWBug

Is it open for other nationalities?

Hi i come in Amman before 10 days end i don't have friends may be can meet end talk when you want in tawn.I am FROM Romania end you ? My Email is [Moderated: pls send your details in private]

this is my first msg on this site and i dont know who it works
anyway if you are looking for friends you can contact me anytime.
)

Hi Miffo,

Welcome on board to this site.

How can we help you?

hey
am from jordan and am  looking for new friends from another culture
:)

hii how are u ? i read you post ..
i wish to be a friend ..

hi how are you ,I hope you are having fun here in Jordan ,, Am interested in learning French ,I wonder if you had any knowledge about it?

Hey how you doing ,, you still feeling lonely ? I can join you with American friends to feel less lonely

Hi
Please feel like home,
I would be interested to comunicate with you and build a good friendship with you ,
I live in amman 7th, circle and facing a very similar situation as yours ,
feeling away from friends while many of then are around !

Have a nice time
regards,

hi , are you still in Amman ?

I am a Jordanian who is based abroad but currently visiting home. I am interested in meeting international people in Jordan. Let me know your thoughts. Cheers

Hi VWBug,

I'm an longtime expat female, originally from Canada and with ties to the UK. I arrived in Amman a couple of weeks ago and would love to find out about groups of expat women that are meeting up. If there are any still active that you could point me to, that would be great.

Cheers,
Matilka

As I said long ago there are several groups that meet.  Just private message me for info.  These groups are English speaking only of course.

VWBug

Hi there! I just came accorss your message, and noticed that we are going through the same thing and suffering the same issue.....BOREDOM. Although this is my homeland, I too am very bored, am single, unemployed and...bored to death! So I understand you.

I lived abroad and was obliged to return here. I just have not been able to adjust to this place, let alone its people.

Would like to talk to you, exchange phone numbers-if you have no problem- and we could meet some day.

Hope to hear from you soon, meanwhile take care and best regards,

Hi there and welcome to Jordan. I am a Jordanian female, who lived abroad for quite long after which I had to return here. I would like to make friends with females from the West, as I have had difficulties in building friendships wih Jordanian females, I regret to say.

I would be glad to meet you.

Meanwhile, take care and best regards.

Sorry, I'm in the States for the summer and many other expats are as well.  I'll check in again after I return.

Thanks your reply anyway.

Best regards.

Yes, to be a lone in Amman it is very hard for foreigner, especially on the first time, everything seems to be strange, culture, human behaviours etc… I think a Jordanian colleague or one a colleague who lives in Jordan for a while, will be a great help