Hindi lessons

Hi, after zears of traveling around I finally moved to settle in Mumbai... Im dying to learn Hindi and I am looking for a experienced teacher - I am teacher myself, though I teach English and Polish (I am from Poland)

Web is full of private teachers' offers, so I have no idea whom to choose - if anyone have some recomendations, could you please help me? You can write on priv or here :-)

Asia

My friend,a european expat has been in india for 6 years cannot speak or understand Hindi,has managed well for herself,until recently- till the bug of Hindi learning bit her.
I have extensively mapped the the private tutor availability and they generally offer home tutions for about 30 hrs across 2 months and charge @ Rs.450/-per hour onwards and do not guarantee learning.Also they make you pay money upfront. It is really an uneven equation.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to learn Hindi,is to find a course where Hindi is taught by Hindi teachers in school or by retired people who to teach Hindi. Enthusiastic teacher is a prerequisite for students to learn the language.

Few other things are cultivating friendship with locals and immersing yourself.And watch random bollywood films after learning the basics.

In any case it is not necessary to learn Hindi for managing yourself better. Everyone in the cities uses many English words such as left,write,book,time etc and also say " Aaj mera mood nahi hai kyonki Thoda tension hain."

If you have trouble finding teacher who can teach Hindi probably free of cost,do let me know.I will write to you- how to find them in your own neighbourhood.
Best wishes,
Art

Hi asia,

I suggest you post your resume in the Teaching jobs in Bombay section please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien

There are many teachers who can help u with the language and also loval language. Bt it depends on your location too as mumbai is a big city and travelling also could an issue for the teacher or for you.

(Moderated: No free ad on the forum/Please post in the section teaching jobs in Mumbai)

Welcome to India :)
I won't suggest a private tutor at all because they are not reliable and as Arthand mentioned above they do not guarantee learning. If you really want to learn proper hindi then you should enroll for a complete course in Institute. You can trust institute because they take your responsibility whereas private tutors are nonchalant about it.

Hi I am a professor and consultant in Sultanate of Oman. though I am in Oman but I think I can help you if you have a wahatsapp in your mobile phone. I am sure in a month or two you will be able to speak normal Hindi (if u r a teacher).
Kind Regards
Dr. radha Krishan Sharma

rk_691 wrote:

Hi I am a professor and consultant in Sultanate of Oman. though I am in Oman but I think I can help you if you have a wahatsapp in your mobile phone. I am sure in a month or two you will be able to speak normal Hindi (if u r a teacher).
Kind Regards
Dr. radha Krishan Sharma

How can you teach through whatsapp ?? Thats such a weird idea.... though you can do other things thru that..... !!

U r right Saimans, this looks a weird idea to use technology for academics, However every good university in word is insisting on innovative ways to use technology in teaching and learning.
For start one can try this "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCIb9ddYWW0", there is lot more one can try on youtube and facebook. (This is not me in the video).
Just a tip for any one want to learn any language for day to day use, keep listening short conversations using headphone (listen repeatedly same conversation until you can clearly recognize each word).
Do not worry about speaking, this will come out of your mouth without efforts.

Regards,

hello,
i am also having difficulties of learning hindi..
especially i am a filipino..
however i found one useful website called Hindi learners...
amazing topics..

i have pdf copies which i can share to you if you want.