How different between the rich and the poor in finding love

Mark,
  I'm assuming you mean when SOMEONE says they dies of a broken heart, not that I said that. I think that perhaps that is just an old saying that carries over and over from generation to generation. I doubt if you opened them up you would ever find a BROKEN heart. But I'm sure many of us know someone who gave up on life, so to speak, soon after a soulmate passed. I think this goes back to this broken heart issue. As to meditation and even the new findings that the heart has some rule over the mind I'm dubious. Maybe my mind is just stuck on stuck. Yet it seems to me to be a cause and effect issue. In your example of meditation for example; does the mental thought slow down the heart or does the heart slow the mental thought. I would say the former. But I just don't know. Thanks for spurring my thinking juices though!

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
jimbream wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Sure...you gotta keep this website active.  Love, money, VISAs...what other topics keep you coming back?  Oh, motorbikes.

Should I live there?,
I used to live there and want to ask questions,
I want to learn English,
I want to learn Vietnamese,
I want to share in language exchange,
Hi,I'm new,
It's too hard to search on Google,so I want to ask you.....,
My company can help you,
I'm happy,
I didn't check previous threads and want to ask the same question,

That is HILARIOUS!!!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4438659_f260.jpg

So THD,will I need a raincoat when I come to Vietnam in the wet season?And are there any supermarkets there?

Hope you guys and gals don't mind if I chime in.

I love reading your posts. I will never look at my breakfast the same again, cereal from now on (thanks, Ancientpathos)! And Khanh, a steak, really! Citsym, thank you. I haven't heard that song for a long time. Here's another of my favorites by Foreigner:

I gotta take a little time
A little time to think things over
I better read between the lines
In case I need it when I'm older
Aaaah woah-ah-aah

Now this mountain I must climb
Feels like a world upon my shoulders
And through the clouds I see love shine
It keeps me warm as life grows colder

In my life there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
Can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this lonely life ...

I may have forgotten what love is but I think it has to do with sharing/exchanging of everything from emotion to the wallet. If the partnership does not mutually beneficial to both parties, it will fail. (I was an economic major.). For most of us (if not all) here, we don't worry about whether we can afford the next month rent or where our next meal. Our needs and wants (and dreams) are different than those who have to struggle to survive. If your partner's dream is to care for his/her family (you are family!) and your dream is to spend your the rest of your life with the person, then it may work out.
TC.

Citsym wrote:

Stay single...and get over the "love" thing :)
That would solve the problem....

Yea! hehe that's what I start to accept more and more everyday I grew older....

wizzkiss wrote:
Citsym wrote:

Stay single...and get over the "love" thing :)
That would solve the problem....

Yea! hehe that's what I start to accept more and more everyday I grew older....

Sure you are...accepting it...kicking and screaming maybe (hint: use the private message feature).  :P

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#1568085

wizzkiss wrote:

Hello dear,

You can send me a message to know more about me, I am a young and attractive single men looking for you. I have a good future and know the Vietnamese culture well. I'm from Canada but in Vietnam for some months. We have a chance to know each other if you want.

Charles

I said "accepting" not "giving up", that's your stage! hihihi...

wizzkiss wrote:

I said "accepting" not "giving up", that's your stage! hihihi...

Right...kicking and screaming.

When a heart has been broken for once, it will never be broken again.

lamhoang wrote:

When a heart has been broken for once, it will never be broken again.

Yah, because it was broken. Nice!

This is a very “broad” topic & endless arguments of how the rich & the poor find their loves/ happiness. Then, it's better to define which kinds of love/ happiness each person wanna have.
Some may see being well-financed or possessing btful villas/R. Royce, for instance :P, of their partner is the best way to reach their target of getting an ideal lover,  while others find their partner's other intangible values are the most important. So the rich/poor have their own influence in each case (different in the 1st v.s same in the 2nd situation) :D.
I found each person's opinion reflects their own experience here, interesting! $$$ cant buy true love but it can buy many things which supports you to reach/ keep your true love in a way hahaha… But if you find a rich princess, guy' ld go for it immediately & vice versa. Should I conduct a survey of how many % of rich/poor people to find love to end this topic statistically? :D
MN.

just want to share nice article :D

The following is what a women posted on a dating forum seeking a rich husband:

I'm going to be honest of what I'm going to say here. I'm 25 this year. I'm very pretty, have style and good taste. I wish to marry a guy with $500k annual salary or above. You might say that I'm greedy, but an annual salary of $1M is considered only as middle class in New York.

My requirement is not high. Is there anyone in this forum who has an income of $500k annual salary? Are you all married? I wanted to ask: what should I do to marry rich persons like you?

Among those I've dated, the richest is $250k annual income, and it seems that this is my upper limit.
If someone is going to move into high cost residential area on the west of New York City Garden(?), $250k annual income is not enough.

I'm here humbly to ask a few questions:

1) Where do most rich bachelors hang out? (Please list down the names and addresses of bars, restaurant, gym)
2) Which age group should I target?
3) Why most wives of the riches are only average-looking? I've met a few girls who don't have looks and are not interesting, but they are able to marry rich guys.
4) How do you decide who can be your wife, and who can only be your girlfriend? (my target now is to get married)
Ms. Pretty

A philosophical reply from CEO of J.P. Morgan below:

Dear Ms. Pretty,
I have read your post with great interest. Guess there are lots of girls out there who have similar questions like yours. Please allow me to analyse your situation as a professional investor.
My annual income is more than $500k, which meets your requirement, so I hope everyone believes that I'm not wasting time here.
From the standpoint of a business person, it is a bad decision to marry you. The answer is very simple, so let me explain.

Put the details aside, what you're trying to do is an exchange of “beauty” and “money” : Person A provides beauty, and Person B pays for it, fair and square.
However, there's a deadly problem here, your beauty will fade, but my money will not be gone without any good reason. The fact is, my income might increase from year to year, but you can't be prettier year after year.

Hence from the viewpoint of economics, I am an appreciation asset, and you are a depreciation asset. It's not just normal depreciation, but exponential depreciation. If that is your only asset, your value will be much worse 10 years later.

By the terms we use in Wall Street, every trading has a position, dating with you is also a “trading position”.
If the trade value dropped we will sell it and it is not a good idea to keep it for long term – same goes with the marriage that you wanted. It might be cruel to say this, but in order to make a wiser decision any assets with great depreciation value will be sold or “leased”.

Anyone with over $500k annual income is not a fool; we would only date you, but will not marry you. I would advice that you forget looking for any clues to marry a rich guy. And by the way, you could make yourself to become a rich person with $500k annual income.This has better chance than finding a rich fool.

Hope this reply helps.

signed,
J.P. Morgan CEO

I once heard a man say .....women are like flowers, they are beautiful when in bloom but as they wilt you will just want to throw them away and get fresh ones.  :lol:

MIA2013 wrote:

I once heard a man say .....women are like flowers, they are beautiful when in bloom but as they wilt you will just want to throw them away and get fresh ones.  :lol:

Great quote, but the man who said that needs to take a long hard look at himself in the mirror as he too will wilt.  :lol:

Mia, where the heck you been? All the old timers have abandoned this police state forum. Talked to one of your ( and mine) old timer just this week, he says he rarely comes on here as well. Don't you love the CEO's reply. A lot of truth to it when you think of it solely as a business proposition.

Money can not buy love. Money can buy ice cream. I love ice cream!

I still believe that Vietnamese woman are very practical. The more traditional they are, the more inclined they are to seek a mate with a higher financial and social standing. Marriage is the joining of families and is done to benefit all. Love is something that hopefully develops. Just my casual observation.
A good way to look at love and marriage is eggs and bacon. Love is a days work for the chicken, bacon is a lifetime commitment for the pig.

hahaha  :lol::lol: . Im a young girl :D , a little cute  :shy .

Same thinking with you. Single is really interesting, haha :D , comfortable.

I aslo like money. but didnot like "money by love". aslo like ice cream  :lol:

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

"Love" discussion again? :D

Sure...you gotta keep this website active.  Love, money, VISAs...what other topics keep you coming back?  Oh, motorbikes.

And CFB's

is that the JP Morgan of the finance world? hope all that money makes you happy

The problem is not much about finding love, i'm sure that a vast majority of us did found love at least once in their life, the problem is more about keeping that love going for life, isn't it? So the question would be:

"How different between the rich and the poor in keeping love for life".

Or, if i'm wrong, the problem is how to find new love as fast and as many as we can, right? In this case, the question should be: 

"How different between the rich and the poor in finding new love fast and efficiently."

I am wondering about this because I think that the answer will be much different in both cases if we include the "money" factor, I'm I right?

Money may not buy you love but it certainly puts you in a very strong negotiating position.

It reminds me of a man who was heart broken this way. He married a younger woman to later find out that she was cheating on him with a younger man.

What he was complaining about is not the fact that she was sleeping with another man, but much more the money she used to give to that young man!

I heard him blaming that young man of being a crook, a manipulator and a thief! Taking advantage of his wife and stealing the money she gived him (?!?)

No more comments...