Is there any social group for expats in Toronto?

I am in Toronto since last 25 days. Though I have some friends here from my country, Bangladesh, they are too busy to have social lives. So I am looking forward to join a social group, if there is any, to meet expats from different countries. Does anyone know about such groups?

Hello A.21may,

Oddly enough there is not an all encompassing expat social group in Toronto. What you will find are a number of individual (national) Community Associations for many of the ethnic groups that make up the ethnic mix in the city, things like the Irish Association of Toronto, the American Women's Association, etc.

If you're looking for more contact with fellow Bangladeshi expats you could try:

Bangladeshi-Canada Community Services
2899 Danforth Avenue,
Toronto, Ontario, M4C1M2
Tel: 416 699 4484,
Fax: +1 (416) 855 7433

www.bangladeshi.ca

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward, Brazil & Canada Expert - Expat-blog Team

Thank you William for the information. Now that i met quite a few Bangladeshi people here, thorough my friends, i was more willing to meet some new people from other countries.

Besides, once i emailed Bangladeshi-Canadian Community Services, couple of months ago, they never replied. I heard that they don't have fund so they don't do anything. I think they should close their website too.

Thanks again.

Hi there,

Welcome to Toronto!
I highly recommend checking out events at internations.org
or meetup.com

Inter nations is where a lot of expats hang out. There are a variety of hobby and interest groups and the Toronto chapter is really active ( I 've been part of inter nations when I lived in Beijin, Barcelona, Zurich and now Toronto)
On the meetup site, you can search for activities to join based on your interests. It's a great way to meet new people, explore a new city and have a fun while doing it!

Feel free to message me if you need any other tips! I specialize in working with newcomers to help them develop a personal brand to be seen and heard in a new place.

Best wishes,
Tania Desa

OMG Tania, you seem to be an angel to me LOL :D
No, really, thank you so much. You have given me a great link of so many social groups. I will definitely join some of them. Your personal website looks very good too. I will go through the pages tonight and would love to meet you sometimes.

Thanks a lot.
Arunthia

Hi Arthunia,

My pleasure! Glad you found some good groups on meetup. Thanks for your kind words about my website. Let me know if I can help further!

Best wishes,
Tania

Hello Toronto Newcomers,

Just wanted to let you know about a FREE personal branding workshop for new immigrants tonight in Mississauga. Details and registration here: http://m-bridge.org/home/event/registration/

Discover your personal brand
How to Differentiate Yourself & Communicate Your Value

Time: 6:50-9:00 pm, Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013
 What a brand is, dive into some of the world's leading brands  Why branding is essential to catapult your career
Discover your unique brand attributes and value drivers to create a your own Brand Map

The twist on branding enables you to explore what makes you a successful and memorable brand within a team and in life:
 How to stand out
 How to show your unique value versus the competition  How to position yourself for greatest impact and career
progression.
 Passion igniter & personal branding catalyst inspiring
 Founder, speaker , trainer and coach
 Segment marketing leader and MBA and marketing consultant

1177 Central Pkway W, Unite 81, Mississauga, ON, L5C 4P3

Hope to see many newcomers there tonight! Please spread the word.
Tania

Another Personal Branding workshop for new immigrants to GTA area! This Thursday in Markham.

Discover Your Personal Brand: How to Differentiate yourself & Communicate Your Value
When:     December 12, 2013 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Where:    YMM Art Space
160 Gibson Drive #1
Markham,ON L3R 8B5 Canada

Cost:    free
416-358-9824
[email protected]
Topic: How to Communicate Your Value & Discover Your Personal Brand
Speaker: Tania DeSa
- Do you know how to communicate your value to stand out at workplace or doing business?
- What a brand is, why branding is essential to catapult your career
- Discover your unique brand attributes and value drivers to create a your own Brand Map
The twist on branding enables you to explore what makes you a successful and memorable brand within a team and in life:
- To stand out and show your unique value versus the competition
- To position yourself for greatest impact and career progression.
About Tania:
* Passion Igniter & Personal Branding Catalyst inspiring
* Founder, Speaker, Trainer and Coach
* Segment marketing leader and MBA and marketing consultant
Please reserve your seat online:
www.m-bridge.org/home/event/registration/

Hi A.21may,

I live in Toronto for around 9 years and interested to meet more Bangladeshis. please let me know if you find a group of Bangladeshi community in Toronto. Currently, I live in Ajax.

Thanks
Debzani