Registering a birth in Honduras

Hi,

About to have a baby or already had children? Let's share your experience about the paperworks for registering a birth in Honduras.

What are the formalities to obtain a birth certificate?

What is the procedure to follow if both parents are of the same nationality or for a mixed couple?

Thank you in advance for participating,

David

here is info from the US embassy in Tegucigalpa (listed under US Citizen Services):

http://honduras.usembassy.gov/repbirthab.html

I registered my 2 year old shortly after she was born.  I am a US citizen by birth currently living in honduras.  it wasn't enough to present my US passport indicating that I was born in the states.  I had to prove that I lived in the US for a 'significant' amount of time in order for my daughter to qualify for US citizenship.   

this can be done by producing tax returns spanning several years or, as I did, producing school transcripts indicating that I attended schools in the USA from 1973-1993.

hope this helps.

-louis in choloma

[email protected]

The Honduran government seems awfully rigid about meaningless paperwork. Except if it,s folding money. Then they click heels and start cutting red tape faster than you you can say ,please bribe me,...[Moderated: inappropriate]