Top hiring sectors in Calgary

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities in Calgary.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs in Calgary?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

I have lived here for 16 years and have been working mostly in the energy sector, first as a consultant, and since 2007 - as a full-time employee. I think, first off we need to mention the energy sector as top employers with a lot of growth and the highest numbers of job postings. By the energy sector I mean not only oil and gas but also pipelines, related field and manufacturing servicing companies and related financial services. There is no doubt that professional engineers with APEGGA Certification are in demand and are top middle-class earners. I also found that accountants will always be able to find employment here (every company needs an accountant). Financial Analysts do very well too. In the construction sector, I heard that steel structure installers (sorry don't recall the proper term for that job) would not be likely to be out of work any time soon; a neighbour was very proud to mention his high job security. Administrative Assistants may not be highly paid, but are always in demand locally in every industry (with O&G Assistant being quite popular )... Would you have a personal interest be in this subject?

Hi Olgalita,

Thank you for your post :)

Please note that Julien, the founder of this website, created this discussion which aims in promoting the sharing of experiences of the members relative to the subject top hiring sectors in Calgary.

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

This is another Thread i would be very excited in Hearing about , to explain briefly i myself i am a Motorcycle Mechanic and my Wife is training currently to be a social worker , now within these two areas what is the Hiring situation like , firstly can someone tell me what the Motorbike scene is like in Calgary ???.

Secondly in regards to my wife what is the social care situation like in Calgary i am sure that my Wifes profession would fit in more easily than my own but any information in this regard would be warmly received.

Again many thanks for your time have a beautiful day.

Keith & Cath