Top hiring sectors in Bogota

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities in Bogota.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs in Bogota?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

Hi Julien,

Well, I might be biased in this, but I believe that Bogotá has a really great potential when it comes to financial services. Whats missing for the moment is some more fierce competition, I guess, since the Colombian banks not are stepping up some bigger fish will step in and grab market shares and by that creating more demand for qualified labor.

Cheers

Mikael

Sorry, realized now that your question was more than a year. Never mind.

Hi Mikaelpolo,

Thanks for your input anyway.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hi Mikael, i am interested to know more about your view on the financial sector. I am a senior project manager with a knowledge in online banking and payments at a belgian bank. Do you think it would be possible to find any similar jobs in colombian banks? I speak fluently spanish. I am wondering if banks not prefer to hire locals above expats and if banks are hiring (instead of firing). Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry for a late answer.

It all depends on your nisch I'd say. Online banking and technical solutions are on the rope in Colombia right now so I believe your experienced would be highly appreciated around here. However, regarding money one have to accepted a way lower base salary around here than back home, taking into account that prices not are that much lower.

If you are interested in banks with a high-tech profile I would recommend you to check with BdB.

Best of luck

Mikael

Thx for the reply, what do you mean by BdB?

Banco de Bogotá.