Top hiring sectors in Edinburgh

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities in Edinburgh.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs in Edinburgh?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

Financial sector

Hi kasia_abdel_!

Thanks for your input but maybe you could elaborate a bit?

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Yes Please do elaborate as i have worked in the Banking/Finance sector for 7 years now and am looking to get to Scotland, preferably Edinburgh.  Would like to transfer with my current company but we dont have many branches in the area that i want to be in work wise.
So any extra help on information would be great

Hi there I'm looking to work in health care as a health care support worker in scotland specifically in Edinburgh, do I need to promised/sponsored prior to getting a work visa or get a work visa then find a job before I go? I'm from victoria bc Canada.

Thank you.

samandacherishscott wrote:

Hi there I'm looking to work in health care as a health care support worker in scotland specifically in Edinburgh, do I need to promised/sponsored prior to getting a work visa or get a work visa then find a job before I go? I'm from victoria bc Canada.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom and all Immigration matters are dealt with centrally.  The UK Government website lists all of the possible work visas, this link will take you to it.

To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you will need to "be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional".  If you are one of those, then go to the NHS website, this link will take you straight to the relevant section for Overseas health professionals; further down the bottom of that webpage are links to the relevant healthcare professions where you can get further advice.

Once you've read the links I've provided, if you have any further specific questions, then please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

@samandacherishscott good day I found Reed.co.uk has a lot of health care positions available in Edinburgh. Hope this is helpful, good luck to you. 

Reed advertises a lot of jobs, but you need to ask how many are available to expats.