Roatan

Does anyone have any experiences in Roatan?

Hi hualapaitiger,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

It would be much appreciated if you can just write a few more words just as an introduction :)

Maybe be more specific about your post.. Experiences regarding.. ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

We're considering places to move to for retirement, and would like any information on Roatan. Living conditions, safety, etc; The information on the web is spotty at best!

Where is Roatan? Which province?

hualapaitiger wrote:

We're considering places to move to for retirement, and would like any information on Roatan. Living conditions, safety, etc; The information on the web is spotty at best!

Wonder if they were asking about Roatan Honduras? The island. But then again, there is a lot of info on web about that island.

Ahh maybe. Since this is the Panama forum, I didn't think it about it being a question of somewhere else.

Hugo&Cyd wrote:

Wonder if they were asking about Roatan Honduras? The island. But then again, there is a lot of info on web about that island.

Just returned from 7 days in West End, Roatan Island, Wife and I in early 50's looking for overseas retirement in 7-8 years. Would not recommend for that purpose. Made up of diving obsessed expats are from mid 20-40s. There are older ones but they are charactures of "old guys rules" or Papa Hemingways.   Island is marginally developed- few paved side roads, English is primary language, rentals are reasonable but utilities are 35% of costs.  Food costs slightly less than average US city, very limited supermarkets or big box stores. Steep import tariffs on vehicles.

Thank you for your information in regards to living in David.

I'm new to site and currently seeking a new lifestyle where I can focus time on being a mom instead of a busy non stop working mom.

My kids range from 23-5 , we have 6.  In our low 40's.

Looking to sell our Canadian home  and buy a home that allows for passive income. AirBnB or something.

How do you feel David would be for us, in regards to my goals I presented?

Please feel free to email me at *** if you have time.

I value the opinions of people living abroad and have much knowledge.

I'm in the infancy part of researching SCHOOLS, safety, weather, investment as a foreigner, how to get permanent residency for all my biological family n husband.

Can we work in Panama if the Airbnb idea does not provide us with enough to fund schools and life?

Any info is so appreciated

Thank you