Can somebody tell me what Aberdeen is like ?

Can somebody tell me what Aberdeen is like?  Two questions: I have a Belgian Malinois trained in obedience and personal protection and I was wondering if there are pet friendly places to live at there and is there plenty of places around to exercise him off leash?

How well can I live on £7,000.00 a month?  I've been offered a two year contract and I have six days left to decide and contact company attorney to get Visa stuff rolling.

Thank you and have a great day,

JP

Hi JasonPhi8647,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Aberdeen Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks!

Hello,

I have never lived in Aberdeen but it seems like a nice place to live. I particularly like the old part of the city. The university has some beautiful buildings. I would think that salary would give you a good quality of life.

In general, the UK is pretty pet friendly, and I seem to remember there being lots of dog waling places around. I don't think it would be a problem.

David

Thanks David

Hi jason

Aberdeen is a thriving city with the oil boom in scotland. It is surrounded by beautifull countryside and small villages with fishing a big employer.
On £7000 a month you can live very well indeed although housing is expensive with a high demand for good quality properties. Perhaps your employer could offer a deal on accomodation ? No problems with your dog and plenty of countryside around.
Great place to live !

Alistair