Xin chao Vietnam

Hello, I just joined

I  plan to hire a house in HCMC, but is it good to live in  An Phu?

regards

Welcome!
Of course, can live in Q.2 because so many people living there :D

D2 is always the best :dumbom:

It all comes down to if you want to live in a westernised area or live among the locals. Its a personal choice, myself I could never live in An Phu/Thao Dien its more of a family area and a place for people who like to be around western style cafes,restaurants and other expats.

Hi,
There are a lot of expats living in Dist 2. Although it's quite far from City center, there are a range of available services and shops for your need, then.
Welcome to Vietnam :)

Xin chào,
D2 is great. it will become the centre of city in the future ;)

enjoy,
:cheers:

welcome to hcm , d2 or d1 or d3 should be all OK

But you have to notice that there're still thieves and robbers in D2. If you're able to choose another place, Tan Binh district is also good

xin chao!

welcome to Vietnam! :-)

Hello,

i think the place for living it's up up where you work. And then you can choose place. District 2 is good and there are some good districts as District 1,3,7. Can I help you, guy?

[Moderated: no free ad pls]

yeah, it's good, nice district, a lot of facilities and where all the expats are, but the house's construction is really bad, and there is a lot of theft in the neighbourhood if you're considering taking a villa, as for the apartments, they are not what I call charming

Why not district 7 phu my hung? Anyway welcome to vietnam:)

Long Hostel in Q1 is awesome.  I stayed there 2 years ago and it was fantastic.  I came back a year later just for a visit, and was surprised to see them win TripAdvisor award two years in a row, that means something!

If you ever stop by, I left a $10 Canadian bill inside the glass table, name is Bunbunbun, and Cupcake :D

Hello mikeymyke :)

Just to inform you that this thread is over 7 months old!

Thanks for the share anyway, this can be helpful to other members having the same queries.

Regards

kenjee

Hi , I'm new to D1 in HCMC , just arrived a few days ago , and I'm wondering where the best places are to hang out and meet locals + expats and/or get into an art community. Everything seems very busy at the moment and I have only met backpackers , so where do the people that live here hang out? ^^

Thank you.
A.

HI,

District 7 is the best place to live -

regards
Mickey

There are quiet a few bars and clubs in d1 that are filled with locals and expats but the majority of people on Pham Ngu Lao and Bui Vien will be travelers! anyarena.com is a good place to find busy club nights!

Welcome to Vietnam
Cheers!
Mr Cuong

charmavietnam wrote:

Welcome!
Of course, can live in Q.2 because so many people living there :D

haha, many pp live everywhere in Saigon, not only Quận 2 anh ơi! But Dist 2 is nice to live, specially An Phu, Thao Dien! :-)

Guys, this thread is from 2013 and the OP isn't a member anymore -> I close this thread

Closed