Cheap short term accomodation?

Hi,

I will be moving to HCMC in December...Can anyone recommend any fairly cheap hotels/guest houses or apartments that can offer me accomodation for my first 2 to 4 weeks in the city... or until I find a place to stay for the long term.

Ideally as close to District 1 as possible would be great!

Thanks

Budget accomodation:
Pham Ngu Lao - back packers area
Bui Thi Xuan - few hotels offer rooms from 300k VND or hostels at USD4 a day or less.

There's various hotel in Bui Vien, dist 1, Ho Chi Minh around 18 usd/24 hours. You can easy find information on agoda website. most of foreigners there .

Thanks for the advice..

If anybody has been in a similar situation and can recommend the names of any hotels, etc that give a discount for a longer stay then please PM me.

There's a lots hostel like this in this short way. For long term I don't know , bsc most of hostel there are full at weekend and more free space from Monday to Thursday. I also think that's no discount for long time service, bcs that's very cheap price in Dist 1 where almost hotel is over 30 usd/24 hours. and demand of back-packers always high.

Seeing as it will be tourist season, most hotels wont give discounts as they know people will walk in off the street and take the room at full price. If you really want a place at a discount price, you will need to move away from the city area.

i've been to stay  Budget Hostel in Pham Ngu Lao Ward, only 6$. Room very clean, comfortable. Including breakfast, wifi. staff very friendly.

(Moderated: please post this ad in the Housing section)

i suggest you Budget hostel !!! i have stayed there for 3 times whenever i go on holiday in Ho Chi Minh city. the cost is affordable, the accommodation is very clean , and the staff is very friendly and kind to me. it is situated at 102/4 Cong Quynh Street, District 1 .

agoda can be expensive, try trip advisor or hotels combined