Looking for 1 bed apartment - kiev city center

Hi

Stuie here, from London

I am looking to move to kiev in january and would like a 1 bed place in the city center (near the commercial district - shops/bars/clubs/restuarants etc).

I work from home and don't have any family here so my only real issue is finding a place to live.

I want to pay ukrainian prices not expat prices so i know there is no point looking at the adverts on this site as it is likely full of sharks.

Would appreciate if an experienced expat could contact me and let me know the tricks-of-the-trade in getting an honestly priced flat.

thanks very much
cheers
stuie

I appreciate your dilemma as I a an Expat from the USA. However, you need to understand that you probably cannot pay Ukrainian prices. The reason being is the flat owner will be required to pay higher taxes because you are a foreigner. Just keep that in mind when negotiating the rent ... Luck to you

The flats are hard to fing at the right price in area you want, but when you get here we may be able to help. stay in touch. Best Wishes... Val from Oz.

Hi stuie100,

Have you also tried to post an ad in the Housing in Kiev section? It may helps ;)

Thanks

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi!

go to http://kiev.ko.slando.ua/nedvizhimost/a … no/?search[filter_float_price%3Ato]=400

or slando.ua

this website is the best source of flats at regular prices

I suggest you spend a bit more first month and rent on a daily basis - about $50/night

flats are plentiful and easy to find

I can give you skype/phone number of a guy that has a couple of apartments near Maidan - this is the heart of Kiev, but they are 2-room apartments and are a bit more expensive - around $65/night. He's a nice and honest man. I've rented from him over a year.

Obolon is another area you may want to consider. It's in a way egalitarian and eclectic, some would say, especially the river promenade area. And it is more affordable with lots of entertainment and shops.... You can easily find an apartment there for $35/night.

Once you are on the ground, do get in touch with other expats and befriend some locals. They will help you to find a reasonably priced flat. You will also have a chance to actually see the places b4 renting...

Keep in mind, 1-bedroom flat here is actually 1-room flat.... ))) That is kitchen, bathroom, and a bedroom - that's it.... So, you probably want a 2-room flat.... a lot of flats here are really small...

BTW, the timing of your arrival is probably not the best. It will be brutally cold and the whole city will be drunk... well, not literally... but a lot of people will be binge drinking until mid January, and many offices/business will be on reduced schedule.

Hi

This is great information. Thank you. Yes, think it is best to just  to 'get on the ground' as you say and see what happens.

I might just postpone my arrival by a month then. Moving in January probably is making life a bit harder for myself than it needs to be.

thanks
stuart

Good luck

O-o-h... no need to thank me now...

It's an honor system here (I thought u know this!)

U owe me 5 drinks when u r here....

O'Brian's is a good watering hole and they even take amex!

Hi Stuart, may be I can help you, I have some apartments in center,
Contact me direct [email protected]
And we talk more in details, best irina