Want to live in St. Petersburg! - Visa help

Hello,

My name is Adam, and I'm an attorney here in the States. I am doing my utmost to move to St. Petersburg! I already have a place to live, I have a few friends there, and I have part-time work as an English tutor for a small group of people. Unfortunately, I do not have the necessary visa required to move to St. Petersburg.

Does anyone have any advice on how to obtain a visa to live in St. Petersburg? If paying the right person or company is all that is needed to obtain a visa then that can certainly be managed. If visas are only obtainable through an official employer or company then I am open to any suggestions.

I am 27, single, my Russian is decent, I can work in the legal field, work as an English instructor, or I am certainly open to working in other areas. 

I look forward to any advice or suggestions that anyone may have. Thank you very much for the help!

Hi

I suggest you to get in touch with the nearest Russian Consulate, they might guide you in the right way.

Best wishes :),

David.

Hey,

Thanks for the help! The best they can do is a business visa for up to 6 months. It's better than nothing, but I was hoping to stay closer to a year. Guess I'll keep searching.

Thanks again!

Adam H.

(Moderated: no free ads on the forum pls)

Hey, Thanks a bunch for the response. I wish I would've gotten in contact with you earlier. But yea, I found a job and a work visa so I'm set to live in SPB. Soo I'll be living up there for awhile

Cheers!

Hi, can you share how you got a visa to live longer in spb?
I'm trying to move there too.