Visa Transfer - Family/Dependant visa to work visa

Hi,
   I came to Muscat on resident visa with my husband. Its been just two months since I have come here and fortunately I have found a job. The employer is ready to process the work visa for me. But my question is do I need to go to my home country for getting the work permit stamped on my passport? Do I need medical again done??

Yes, as per the amended labour laws you must exit the country and re-enter once your employer sends you the employment visa, taken on their sponsorship. This can be applied for only after the current visa page carries the 'cancelled' stamp in your passport. Again yes, you would have to do your medicals again.

That's very useful information. :) I learn many things reading from others' posts. :cool: Thanks guys!

May I also ask how long it will take to have the current visa cancelled and the new one stamped? Thanks again..:D

Many thanks Mr. Sumitran. Your help is really appreciated. I have seen that you have helped most of the people in this forum by providing very well guided information. As said earlier, many many thanks.
I have few more queries and I hope you can help me with those as well. As we have just moved into the country, not familiar with the procedures.My queries are as follows:

1. Cancellation of current visa - How long does it take and what are documents which are required to submitted? Since I am on my husbands visa, is it his office w have approach for the cancellation? Where will the visa be cancelled, at the airport on my exit from the country?
2. Work Visa Documents - I have been asked to submit copies of my passport, passport size photo and education certificate. On reading other posts posted here on the forum I understand that education certificate needs to be attested. But my employer didn't mention anything about it. Is it mandatory to get the certificates attested? All of them I assume, 10th, 12th and degree?? This has to be done by someone in my home country or from Muscat. I know my question might sound very naive but please could you guide me?
3. Getting a Work Visa - how long does it take to process the visa? As you said I will have to go out country, just thinking of planning it well in advance.
4. After Cancellation of Current Visa - Worst come worse..If I don't get the work visa, will I be able to come back to the country? Will I be again able apply for spouse visa?
5. Medical - Has this to be done in home country? Can this be done in any hospital here? So that I can submit all relevant papers before I leave..

Many thanks again and your help is really been appreciated.

Regards,
Vns_78

vns_78 wrote:

Many thanks Mr. Sumitran. Your help is really appreciated. I have seen that you have helped most of the people in this forum by providing very well guided information. As said earlier, many many thanks.
I have few more queries and I hope you can help me with those as well. As we have just moved into the country, not familiar with the procedures.My queries are as follows:

1. Cancellation of current visa - How long does it take and what are documents which are required to submitted? Since I am on my husbands visa, is it his office w have approach for the cancellation? Where will the visa be cancelled, at the airport on my exit from the country?
2. Work Visa Documents - I have been asked to submit copies of my passport, passport size photo and education certificate. On reading other posts posted here on the forum I understand that education certificate needs to be attested. But my employer didn't mention anything about it. Is it mandatory to get the certificates attested? All of them I assume, 10th, 12th and degree?? This has to be done by someone in my home country or from Muscat. I know my question might sound very naive but please could you guide me?
3. Getting a Work Visa - how long does it take to process the visa? As you said I will have to go out country, just thinking of planning it well in advance.
4. After Cancellation of Current Visa - Worst come worse..If I don't get the work visa, will I be able to come back to the country? Will I be again able apply for spouse visa?
5. Medical - Has this to be done in home country? Can this be done in any hospital here? So that I can submit all relevant papers before I leave..

Many thanks again and your help is really been appreciated.

Regards,
Vns_78

Hi vns_78,

My responses are marked against your queries below :

1. Cancellation of current visa - How long does it take and what are documents which are required to submitted? Since I am on my husbands visa, is it his office w have approach for the cancellation? Where will the visa be cancelled, at the airport on my exit from the country? - Cancellation of the visa happens at the airport, just prior to your exit. Your husband's company's PRO would do the needful.

2. Work Visa Documents - I have been asked to submit copies of my passport, passport size photo and education certificate. On reading other posts posted here on the forum I understand that education certificate needs to be attested. But my employer didn't mention anything about it. Is it mandatory to get the certificates attested? All of them I assume, 10th, 12th and degree?? This has to be done by someone in my home country or from Muscat. I know my question might sound very naive but please could you guide me? - Not all educational certificates. Only the degree and upwards. They must get attested in Oman only - if you are here. If you are in your home country, then the process is that much more complicated as you have to get it attested there as well. And it is a pain.

3. Getting a Work Visa - how long does it take to process the visa? As you said I will have to go out country, just thinking of planning it well in advance. - How long a new employment visa would take depends on your prospective company's labour clearance details - I have no idea. Check the other posts on the same subject here on this forum for details.

4. After Cancellation of Current Visa - Worst come worse..If I don't get the work visa, will I be able to come back to the country? Will I be again able apply for spouse visa? - Yes, you can. But that's best avoided.
[/b]
5. Medical - Has this to be done in home country? Can this be done in any hospital here? So that I can submit all relevant papers before I leave..- You would have to do it twice - in your home country, as well as here in Muscat.

Good Luck !

Many thanks Mr Sumitran...

I have a question, i already given the company release letter along with sanad vital document for transferring of sponsorship to another company! As per to my new employer they have a job clearance as well and the only remaining things is to apply for the visa for how long it will take?

Hi..
Iam on my dad's family visa here. And I want to transfer it to my Husband's family visa.  What are the procedures?