Expat community in EG

Hello,

My family is considering moving to EG in the near future.

I would like to know, in general, about the expat community in Malabo and the rest of the country. Is it fairly large, from Europe or North America mainly (or Latin America??), etc. We have 3 young children, so are interested in knowing if there are other with children, as well.

Many thanks!

Hi
i can give you informal information based on what i see and here.
There is a very big expat community here - groups of turkish and chinese (construction and merchandise), spanish/portugal (banking?), Israelis (security and health) and americans/scotish and other european in the oil businnes. About small children - i don't see many of them because i hardly go out during the day (i work) and by evening and night probably most children are at home. we have a french school here so i guess there are children. sometimes on sundays i see children of expats but not many.
Hope that helped.

Thank you very much for your reply. This is helpful and informative. I appreciate it :)

Hi again
for random facts and general info about EG, you can visit my blog
mountainsandgiraffes[dot]com

Hello mountains and giraffe,

I am travelling to Guinea Equatorial in a couple of weeks with two colleagues for working reasons, do you think we could meet to exchange about your host country ?  I would really appreciate to have the opinion of some expats like you !

Thanks in advance for your help, hope to hear about you really soon !