Ideas of areas to live near Gurgoan

Hi, we are possibly been relocated to Delhi in January. My husband will be working in Gurgoan . I have two kids 6 and 4. We are hoping that they will attend the American Embassy school. Could anybody recommend a good area to live in between the school and work? Are there any other schools you would recommend? Thank you in advance

Hi mohamilton1,
Welcome to India
After reading your thread I feel that it will be a problem for small kids to travel long distance between school and gurgaon where your husband will join for work. As American School is in Chanakya puri which is highly posh area of delhi and all embassies are present their. I guess between chanakya puri to gurgaon it will be like 45 min to 1 hr according to traffic situation and this stretch of road is always busy.
But if your family can stay in south x or somewhere in sarojini nagar then kids can have easy way to go to school but your husband need to travel a bit.
I prefer american school over other because kids will suffer language barrier and i have personal experience that all other embassies prefer american school for its good education and other benefits like interaction with both Indian and international system.
But if you still wanna try Indian school then here are the names and address

Angels Public School
Phase III, Vasundhara Enclave Delhi - 110095
Phone: 011-22619503

Air Force Bal Bharti School
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
Phone: 011-2461220

Delhi Public School
Mathura Road, New Delhi - 110003
Phone: 24358057

DPS International School
Block P 37, Sector 6, M B Road Pushp Vihar, Saket , New Delhi - 110017
Phone: 011-26566787

Greetings
Sachin

Sachin,

Thank you so much for your reply. My husband would not mind the commute. When I look online at the tuition cost. Do they charge additional registration fees of $11,000  plus $2,500 on top of regular tuition.

Thanks again for your advice

mohamilton1 wrote:

Do they charge additional registration fees of $11,000  plus $2,500 on top of regular tuition.
Thanks again for your advice

I hope my information help you while having good and safe stay in India but I could not understand above quoted word.
If you are asking about Indian schools then fee is very minimum not so much as you have above described but if its for american school then I am not sure what exactly they charge because Its an embassy school so not so much information is passed to local population may be due to security and other policies. I guess after 2 hours you can call them its 7:50 am here in new delhi.

Another good location is faridabad! less fuss and a lot near Gurgaon connected through a very nicely formed road you can get to gurgaon in under 30 mins