Planning to move but need a good school for kid

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum. I have been doing a lot of readings and research for the past year on living abroad in Costa Rica.   I still have't found the right place. Our main concern is schooling for our 5 yr old girl. Public schools have bad rep - teachers often don't show, lack of materials, always ask you for donations, etc. however, most private schools are over $500 a month. I have done some research on these place:

Guanacaste
+ I love Green Life Academy and La Paz Community school because they specialize in teaching kids to appreciate and protect the natural environment.
- Too hot?  We prefer not to have to use a/c
- very touristy meaning cost of living is higher

Arenal (incl Tilaran, Nuevo, La Fortuna)
+ My husband wants a house with lake or oceanview
+ Quiet and peaceful, less crime
+ lower cost of living
+ Farmer's market
- the only problem is I haven't found any decent schools.

Central Valley
- most private schools are ridiculously expensive.
- foods are expensive just like Canada
- Places like Escazu is too high end for us. We're quiet and down to earth people.
? Grecia looks nice but I don't know any schools there.
? San Ramon almost has everything we need. However, I have gotten some info from someone who moved there with a child (now a teen) years ago and doesn't recommend it because the bad stories of the schools her child had gone to.

Am I out of options?

First suggest you read the info on this site explaining the info for gaining residency here if you haven't already done so.
Private schools are expensive, starting at $300 per month not including the additional costs involved. and you should make choosing one, your first priority when deciding on possible locations. Then, take into consideration the mandatory medical fees for CAJA, realizing that you cannot 'legally' work unless you find work online, have a work visa or have gained Permanent Residency.
Food prices in the Central Valley may not vary much from other areas around the country but the availability and choices, do. Imported food is expensive all over the country.
Farmers markets, vary greatly throughout the country.

Visit and check out the areas that may be of interest to you.

Certain areas around Arenal and San Ramon receive lots of seasonal rain and are often very foggy.

If you intend to work online, it is important to check what internet and phone connections are available

Residing in Costa Rica costs much less for a retired couple than for raising a family.

Schools... here is the scoop. I have my children in school here as well...

You need to be leary and ensure you are making the right decisions. We only have one shot at our childrens education so we have to do it right.

MEP accredited schools are fabulous... if your child plans on attending university in Costa Rica. Most private MEP schools run an english immersion program, the kids finish off their highschool in Spanish. Imagine the challenge of passing a university level english course when you never learned your highschool english... in english.

A lot of parents run their children through MEP schools till grade 9, then transfer them to US accredited. The only problem with this is the MEP program is not up to par, in my opinion. I had my children in a US accredited school, pulled them for a great little MEP school (cheaper tuition), but I found they were falling behind their peers in Canada so I ended up hiring a private tutor to keep them on pace should we ever return. At the end of the month I end up paying the same as I did for the US accredited school.

If you haven't looked around the Jaco area, they do have some great schools. Las Nubes, Ficus, Falcon (well not so great, but US accredited), Immaculada

Look into Escuela Verde in Uvita, not cheap, but a very good school.