Authentic Indonesian Restaurant (Sumatran/Javan cuisine)

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an authentic Indonesian restaurant – preferrably with dishes from Sumatra or Java?
It doesn't have to be a "high-profile" or posh place. Most important is: authentic Indonesian.

I've already found some places – but most of them are a blend of Thai, Chinese or Vietnamese. In the past, I've traveled in Indonesia quite a bit, and I have fond memories of their "Warung" road-side restaurants & street food. (Distinctively different to anything else I've seen in Southeast Asia...)

Thank you for your recommendations!

Hi,

You can found Indonesia cuisine resto from this link : http://www.indonesianembassy.org.uk/edu … urant.html

Cheers

Thank you so much!

I see from your profile that you are from Jakarta. Have you been to any of those restaurants, and can you recommend one for authenticity & taste?

The jakartarestaurant.co.uk looks interesting. Restaurant of the year in 2005 – though that's a long time ago, and things may have changed...

Thank you :)

Hi Bonisai,

unfortunately I've never tried those resto yet. but based on references from a few of friends, they recommend  me this place :

[Moderated: pls sends those details via a private message]

Cheers

this might help:

kaskus.co.id/thread/53c95403c2cb179f268b45e4/pesen-makanan-indonesia-online-uk/

Promotion, no min order. One day delivery very advised. Will be packed very properly, will not responsible for royal mail error. Let me know if you want something specific and see if

Delivery central london, every friday afternoon between oxfrod circus/picadilly circus (limited amount). Or you can come and pick up the food!

Selamat makan.