Seeking Friends and more Friends in Switzerland

I live in NY at the moment but I'm trying to find some place else to settle since I can visit NY anytime. I am well-traveled and have seen a lot.  One of the places I've been to, wherein I thought I can definitely live in; aside from Austria and South France, is Switzerland (anywhere in Switzerland). 

I need someone (or people)to befriend; to tell me that it's a good idea and possibly I can hang-out with, once I'm there.

I'm able (and available, :o) to move around and travel and maybe settle for a job there.

Somebody?

Hi there,

Well I can definitely recommend Switzerland as a place to live - we have a pretty high quality of life, absolutely stunning landscapes and scenery, and we are fairly well looked after by the authorities (we pay enough in taxes and insurance to keep this standard quite high).

I don't know of anyone who has ever just travelled around Switzerland (in a backpacker style, for example) due to the fact that things are not cheap here. Tourists often complain of high prices and they are right that we pay a lot for food, rent, etc - but we earn enough to (mostly) counterbalance these costs.

I backpacked around Australia for a while back in 2004-2005 and was surviving on about 20 dollars a day (including hostel cost) or less, but you really couldn't do that here.

On the other hand, Switzerland has so many beautiful places to visit, from old towns and villages to lakes and mountains, there is just so much beauty here. It is a fantastic place to go for people who want to see nature at its most stunning - so if you like that kind of thing then Switzerland just might be for you! :)

If you want to live and work here then I would definitely recommend it - there are loads of Expat.comgers writing about their experiences in Switzerland, so I would recommend you read a few to get an idea of whether you might like it here.

Paul

Hey,

Thank you so much for your reply and input.  I would really love to be there!

I will like to be your friend if you dont mind, i live in Boggi Bossey.
Thanks
Gabson