New Iphone 5s or 5c

anyone knows anyone who can supply the new iphones?

heard that they have hit the market here already. by market, obviously, its the black market.

/Svane

You can searching by google, many shop is available. Have fun for your new one.

Cheer.

well, i did that already - and since it is not official here. i would prefer recommendations on where to buy.

They are charging up to 2000usd for a new phone, wait till they are officially for sale here and save money.

I'm thinking about buying 2 from the US, 1 for my wife and 1 to resale.

Do they have 4LTE in Vietnam?

http://vietnamnews.vn/economy/241730/of … uency.html

Apparently sometime after 2015

Don't bother buying in Vietnam, buy it from the US or Canada.  Even when you buy unlocked it's still way cheaper than in Vietnam.  They're out of stock now, but you can still find the Space Grey ones a plenty and you can even resell them for a huge markup in Vietnam, I'm sure.  I thought about doing the same thing but meh.

Check here

I already have a 5, more interested in a 128GB iPad 4 that a 16 GB Air.  Relatives coming over regularly enough to have them do upgrades for me..

i want to buy a gold iphone 5s too, but it's out of stock, maybe i have to wait, i recommend you buy from Vinaphone,. they have unlock version, i will use prepaid 1.4 mil dong as it is the most economic :D

Apple store US: 16Gb Unlocked is 650$ (~13.7M VND) not including any sales taxes.

Same thing at FPT shop (fptshop.com.vn/dien-thoai/apple-m) is 17.6M VND. Given that you're paying 10% VAT the real cost is ~15.9M VND. So effectively you're overpaying about $100 for the basic model. Whether that's a sizable enough difference is up to you to decide.

ssuprnova wrote:

Apple store US: 16Gb Unlocked is 650$ (~13.7M VND) not including any sales taxes.

Same thing at FPT shop (fptshop.com.vn/dien-thoai/apple-m) is 17.6M VND. Given that you're paying 10% VAT the real cost is ~15.9M VND. So effectively you're overpaying about $100 for the basic model. Whether that's a sizable enough difference is up to you to decide.

oh, you should buy from Vinaphone tax included, 16,1 mil but it's unlock version, in the US, it's locked and it have a contract for years. i wanted to buy an unlocked iphone from the US but after that i cancelled as it's the same price when delivered here and no waranty service as you buy it here in Vietnam :D you will be charged at least 50$ for custom fee for iphone from the US.

Why don't you just ask a friend from US or canada to buy the phone for you and bring to vietnam?  I bought my fiance a 5s from Canada and will bring it to her next week.

yeah I need to decide whether to buy some iphone 5s before I head off to Toronto in couple weeks. Alberta we pay only 5% tax but if I am in Toronto it's 13%.

13% is crazy, I'm glad I don't live there.

Don't know what you're all complaining about the price of an Apple iPhone 5s in VN.  :|

I just brought one for my grand-daughter back in Australia two weeks ago.
Stupid pr**ks at the Apple Shop wanted me to make an appointment to come in and 'view before purchasing' - - W.T.F. ??? :rolleyes:

They also wanted to view at least one sort of official (government) photo ID such as a driver's license, in my name,  before filling out the sales forms ! :/   

JEZZZZZ ! BIG BROTHER IS WORKING OVERTIME IN AUSTRALIA !

After a lot of reluctance and time wasting on their part, they finally agreed to sell me one using my MasterCard.

Finally ordered a silver iPhone 5s - 32GB model.

The cost = AUS$999.00 ! (US$909.30)

Then, there's a little matter of 3 to 5 days wait to have it delivered to her - that's if and when they have that color / model in stock !!! :(:mad:

Useless idiots couldn't even tell me if that color and model was in their current list of available stock !  :rolleyes:

In Australia, Apple Shops and their attitudes are nothing but a self-serving, arrogant RIP OFFS !
(IMHO - note how polite I've been here :cool:)

Even if the Apple shops I went to in Sai Gon are called Re-Seller's - their customer service, helpfulness of their staff, willingness to go out of their way to help a customer is 1000% better than the Apple Shops in Western Australia !

( Here endth my rant :D )

In the USA on the day of the original iPad release I was met at the door by a salesman carrying a iPhone with a credit card reader who guided me through it all, I never had to stand at a register, the two devices I had pre-ordered were ready.  When I returned later to upgrade one from 16 to 64, no hassles.  Never had a retail experience remotely like it

ChrisFox wrote:

In the USA on the day of the original iPad release I was met at the door by a salesman carrying a iPhone with a credit card reader who guided me through it all, I never had to stand at a register, the two devices I had pre-ordered were ready.  When I returned later to upgrade one from 16 to 64, no hassles.  Never had a retail experience remotely like it

ChrisFox - seems the quality of customer service by Apple in the USA and Australia are about 180 degrees in difference !

I was NOT joking or exaggerating the amount of BS and time wasting I had to put up with.

Early last year I was looking for an Apple Shop (re-seller) in Sai Gon. Was thinking of getting an iPhone for myself at that time.

As usual, got lost half a dozen times in an hour just trying find several of the Apple re-seller shops. :rolleyes:

Even though I managed to convey, broken VN in writing, sign language plus a bit of Vietlish, to the staff in each of the 4 - 5 shops I found, that I was only looking around at that time.
Told them in each shop that it would be my VN wife who made the final choice on what and where to buy.

Found a lot of shops in Sai Gon don't yet fully understand the western idea of 'window shopping'. :lol:

Even so, the staff in EVERY shop I went to could not have been more helpful. :D
Staff at one shop even 'hand signed' me to wait for a minute or two while one of their staff members raced off across the road to another shop and brought back a someone who could speak and understand English quite well. :)

I'm far more inclined to pay a few bucks extra and buy locally in Sai Gon (after getting the 'BOSS' to check up on warranty, parts, service and back-up) than put up with the BS and lack of common courtesy that seems the normal way of business in a lot of Australian shops these days. :P

Yeah the retail experience here is quite different from the USA.  They do bug you significantly past the "may I help you" in the USA, but if you're on a major purchase, like a motorbike, wow, they'll fetch you coffee or even noodles while you wait, as long as you're serious. 

Even in Seattle I would see local delivery on foot like we would never have except in  few cases like pizza, which was always by car.  The coffee shop next door to me has people leaving on foot or motorbike taking coffee to construction projects and families nearby.  Nobody would do that in the USA, except in Vietnamese neighborhoods

Hi everybody,

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed from this discussion. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team