Quick Info Needed

Landing in Managua about 9:45pm on Sept 30th.  Spending night in Managua then bus from La UCA to Leon on the 1st. 

1) Is taxi from MGA International 'REALLY' $20-$30???  Seems a lot to me.  But wtf, it's my first time.. :-)

2) I have reservations (fortunately not secured with money) at two different Hostals in Managua but open to your suggestions.  Cheap, comfy, safe, speaks english...  (No entiendo muy bien el español.)

3) Could use recomendation for good english speaking dentist in Leon that can do snap on denture implants.  English is important but not as important as quality of the work and the costs.  I'll contact them and discuss that with them when I get there.

Thanks a BUNCH...
Mike

Hi Mike
Yes, unfortunately secure taxi's from MGA are in that price range. Perhaps the hostal you have arrangements with could have a driver pick you up?

On our first trip to Nicaragua we stayed at a small hotel called Hotel Mozonte. The rooms were very basic but clean - price included breakfast. They also arranged for a driver to pick us up and I believe the price was $15.00 (it was about 5 years ago).

Have a safe trip.
Debbie

Thanks Deb for the info.  I also heard you can catch a colectiva taxi across the street but at that time of night, geesshhh, not sure I want to take the risk.  If I had only made my air travel plans 2 days earlier I could have had an AA Flight into MGA at 11am.  Oh well, live and learn.  It's going to be a real experience.

Have a great day.

Mike