We want a guidance about a problem about immigration in kampala

We want a guidance about a problem about immigration which we are facing in Uganda.my Brother,basically from India has been workign in Uganda for last approx 8 yrs and has invested money in Kamapla-Uganda. He has done the job for more than 7 & half yrs n then he started his own business.

Now, at the time of leaving the job, when he resigned giving a  sufficient notice period three months in advance, as per the company's rules from his job at Kampala and informed his boss about his future plans to start his own business after leaving his job,his boss threatened him that he is not supposed to live in Uganda,if he leaves the job.

If he starts his own business he will not allow him to run the business threatening that he has money power and strong influence in the immigration dept of Uganda and with their help he will not let him stay in Uganda.

But my brother ignored his threats and decided to start business in Uganda and applied for his own work permit by starting the company and got the work permit as per the laws of Ugandan immigration Srvices in 2013.

Now when my brother came to India in the month of Aug'13 for his personal work and when he returned to Uganda, the Ugandan Immigration Dept ( under the influence of that ex-employer who had threated him not to live in Uganda after leaving the job)  did not allow him to enter in Uganda and did not allow him to go out of the airport and asked him to return to India from airport.

After so many efforts to convince the immigration dept, they did not allow him to enter the country, my brother has come back to India now and trying for getting an entry into the Ugnada again.

We need guidance i n this regsrd,what can be done in this regard.

Please guide us.

This is very urgent for us.

Best to get a lawyer.

Hi KT_2013,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Kampala forum.

Wish you good luck,
Christine
Expat.com team

call me on *** i will call

i will help, call me on that