How to introduce new food shop to many travellers ?

Hi everybody,
My name is Hanh. I am living in Ho Chi Minh City now. My sister has just opened a new food shop in HCMC. We sell " Banh Khot Vung Tau" ( type of traditional bread). And we really really want to introduce this food to many travellers as well as possible. Can everyone help us to release it by suggesting any popular webstites or other ideas ? Thank you so much. :)

P/s: These are images of our food.
[img align=C]sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1233628_1418550728357953_1937394749_n.jpg[/img]

[img align=C]photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/529173_1418311228381903_228630063_n.jpg[/img]

- Open website - saves you loads of printing costs
- sell service the foo as a SERVICE, not as product, treat a customer as such and not like a pain in the a..
- ensure steady quality
- take a few leaflets to some bus companies/tour guides
- make sure, you can answer some questions to quality and ingrediences
- try to speak your customers language
- stay way from tourist pricing, label your prices to the products

Yea one same price for everybody. I just came back from Vung Tau and paid 1.8M VND for shrimp and fish at a local style restaurant!!!! Had it out with the manager to no satisfaction. Lucky for them I had to catch the boat back.

Solo1 wrote:

Yea one same price for everybody. I just came back from Vung Tau and paid 1.8M VND for shrimp and fish at a local style restaurant!!!! Had it out with the manager to no satisfaction. Lucky for them I had to catch the boat back.

Hey Solo1...I remember reading a few articles about the fleecing of tourists at some Vũng Tàu restaurants.  They got fine and blacklisted by the local authorities but they just change their name and do the same thing again.  They were restaurants offering seafood too.  Do you remember the name of that restaurant?

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
Solo1 wrote:

Hey Solo1...I remember reading a few articles about the fleecing of tourists at some Vũng Tàu restaurants.  They got fine and blacklisted by the local authorities but they just change their name and do the same thing again.  They were restaurants offering seafood too.  Do you remember the name of that restaurant?

No I don't remember the name. I was so furious I just paid them and walked out. At least the food was really good. Usually I will ask the price per kilo etc but this time I dropped my guard.

Solo1 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:
Solo1 wrote:

No I don't remember the name. I was so furious I just paid them and walked out. At least the food was really good. Usually I will ask the price per kilo etc but this time I dropped my guard.

Yah, I don't know why restaurants don't list prices but as you've observed, it's best to always ask the prices before you sit down to eat.  Cuz once it's in your belly, the price just went astronomical.

So you ended up paying about $90 for dinner?  At a "regular" restaurant?  Well...just close your eyes and imagine you ate at an American restaurant with really good seafood (maybe like Red Lobster).  So say you paid $70 and was generous in tipping $20.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
Solo1 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Yah, I don't know why restaurants don't list prices but as you've observed, it's best to always ask the prices before you sit down to eat.  Cuz once it's in your belly, the price just went astronomical.

So you ended up paying about $90 for dinner?  At a "regular" restaurant?  Well...just close your eyes and imagine you ate at an American restaurant with really good seafood (maybe like Red Lobster).  So say you paid $70 and was generous in tipping $20.

Wow I feel so much better!!

Solo1 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:
Solo1 wrote:

Glad I can help.  I've been meaning to go to Nha Trang since I heard there was alot of American GIs retiring there.  But recently another expat here said that Nha Trang has a heavy Russian community.  Wouldn't mind finding a "little America" somewhere so I can open up shop.  Start peddling fatty greasy Mickey D's or oily pizza and make the local population obese.

Thank you guy, we have already listed price on each product, and delivered leaflets too. Actually, We don't know popular websites where foreigner travelers often sign in and check places. For example, tripadvisor.com. I think internet is the best way to short distance between us and customers. Therefore, We are trying to deliver message to everyone beside good service and products we offer.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
Solo1 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Glad I can help.  I've been meaning to go to Nha Trang since I heard there was alot of American GIs retiring there.  But recently another expat here said that Nha Trang has a heavy Russian community.  Wouldn't mind finding a "little America" somewhere so I can open up shop.  Start peddling fatty greasy Mickey D's or oily pizza and make the local population obese.

Yes there are many many Russians tourist here as there are direct flights from Moscow. Also they are buying shops and starting businesses. In the tourist zone practically ever marquee is also written in Russian. I don't know about the expat community social scene as I am somewhat of a loner. I don't see many Americans here but I'm sure there are some.

bii2310 wrote:

Thank you guy, we have already listed price on each product, and delivered leaflets too. Actually, We don't know popular websites where foreigner travelers often sign in and check places. For example, tripadvisor.com. I think internet is the best way to short distance between us and customers. Therefore, We are trying to deliver message to everyone beside good service and products we offer.

Hoe about making your own?

l3ully wrote:
bii2310 wrote:

Hoe about making your own?

"Hoe"?   Was ist das?  :lol: