Young expats with disability?

Hi, everyone
I am just wondering if there may be other people in a situation similar to mine: i will be moving with my daughter in her early twenties who has disability as a result of vaccination.. She is high functioning (boy that cost me, years of work with her!! ) but still is not likely to become independent.. and so i will be interested in creating a wonderful, quality community w a house that will last for many many years ahead, beautiful garden where anything can be grown.. and may be ways of self financing.. through some activities of the residents... etc etc..

Anyone out there has a similar interest? or simply kids in their twenties w some disability who want to have a friend??

THank you, Olga

Have you looked into alternative therapies for her, like Naet, acupuncture, or chelation?

Dear Virtualgrace

yes of course.. i have done everything i could for my daughter... now she is 23  and does not want to do anymore healing, diets... I need to find friends for her and may be create something together with other parents...

thank you, Olga

ps I am coming for my first visit in the first week of November... to explore if we could make Ecuador our home.. connect with people.. may be find a nice person who may work with her who has been in ecuador for a while and knows there way around...

thank you, Olga

I have an idea, but will be necesary to research about it.

CONADIS is the gov oficce that takes care people with disabitliy. They has programs to integrate (hope is correct english) these people to normal activities as work, therapies, play, join groups, etc.

Also, "hearts of gold" is a gringo ONG that is working in Cuenca for children. Maybe if you contact them they can have a better answer for you. Try gringopost.com and gringotree Cuenca.

I bet someone knows something!

My blog: goodlifeinecuador.wordpress.com

Thank you so much, Maria!!  I shall explore those contacts!!

Olga