Maid's iqama

Hey Everyone,

If someone is under someone else's iqama and is valid but no longer works for that person (and works with someone else now, but NOT sponsored from new person) what is the consequence if they are discovered somehow?

I read in the Arab News that they are going to start checking id's / iqamas etc soon. http://www.arabnews.com/news/465045

Can someone tell me what it means when they write, "Undocumented expatriates who are not eligible for the current amnesty will not be allowed to leave, he said."

Does it mean they will....go to jail?

and also what does this mean:
Cases of huroob (where workers run away from their employers), which were reported after the amnesty began, would not benefit from the amnesty, he said.

if they left their employer, say employer moved from KSA, and maid has currently a 2 year iqama, ten what does this above copy/paste mean?

Also will they start coming into compounds and investigating?

myyams wrote:

If someone is under someone else's iqama and is valid but no longer works for that person (and works with someone else now, but NOT sponsored from new person) what is the consequence if they are discovered somehow?

That's one of the most important illegal practices they'll track down.

myyams wrote:

I read in the Arab News that they are going to start checking id's / iqamas etc soon. http://www.arabnews.com/news/465045

Can someone tell me what it means when they write, "Undocumented expatriates who are not eligible for the current amnesty will not be allowed to leave, he said."

Does it mean they will....go to jail?

Yes.
Read 'leave' here as 'let go easily'.

myyams wrote:

and also what does this mean:
Cases of huroob (where workers run away from their employers), which were reported after the amnesty began, would not benefit from the amnesty, he said.

if they left their employer, say employer moved from KSA, and maid has currently a 2 year iqama, ten what does this above copy/paste mean?

Haroob means runaway i.e., who had left the sponsor against his consent AND the employer  had reported the incident. Now read that again and it will make sense to you.

Thank you. 

Do you think there is time to take a maid under ones own iqama still at this point? (Hajj, Eid etc to contend with in between probably) Does the process have to be completed or initiated by the deadline?

20 days left for Eid holidays and 20 afterwards. It's plenty of time.

I got this problem too,I run away from my sponsor cause of mistreatment, I have stay and work outside for more than a year without having Iqama, my sponsor are the once who were holding my documents ,there was know way I could escape having my documents, now I'm afraid if I coat working without Iqama .
I was asking if there's a way I can apply to get Iqama  without a sponsor??

Thank you
Joyern

Joyern wrote:

I was asking if there's a way I can apply to get Iqama  without a sponsor??

No way!