Marriage Counselor..!

Good day fella expats,

Is there any English speaking marriage counselor in HCMC. If you do know one please let me know!

Thank you!

I wish I can help you.  But, it is highly unlikely that I will be able to.  Vietnamese typically turn to their elderlies.  If that doesn't work, they would then go to the ward police, for their issues.  Either way, I doubt it will work for you.

Have you checked the Catholic Notre Dame church? I know there are a lot of Priests in Saigon that speak English and some of them are bound to be marriage counselors, or know Deacons who are.

Thanks

My 2000 dong worth. Friends, family and the police do not make good family counselors. Counseling only works if both parties want it to work, and both are willing to change or accept some of the behaviors that are causing the friction.  I remember when me and the ex went to counseling, there I found that I was the problem according to her.  Everything was my fault.  She was right, I stayed far longer in that relationship than any rational person would have. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.  Good luck....

ancientpathos,

Thanks. When sit down and discussed about our situation. She also mention that its all my fault. Seem like I m in the same situation like you.

I managed to talk someone from the church he said he will to his pastor about my issues.

Let see how it works out!

There is no meaning in counseling.Even if god itself come for counseling both parties' personality never change permanently. Yes, they compel to change some time for the counselor. Is that enough for life? May be we can adjust some time for kids or relatives. Anyway cannot adjust a long term too :D When war starts, all is fair in that! For man, he is right. With regard to woman, she is right! Once you see a serious crack in relationship better don't try to fix unless necessity.

bnvmri943 wrote:

Good day fella expats,

Is there any English speaking marriage counselor in HCMC. If you do know one please let me know!

Thank you!

I just noticed this is a very old post.....