Hello Jakarta, I'm back! :)

Hi guys and girls,

Just wanted to say hello. I'm a Jakartan who just got back in town after living in California for 6+ years to work and study. When I was there I had the chance to teach Bahasa Indonesia to Americans in a language school in Los Angeles for 4 years while pursuing my other endeavour in film post-productions. So if you're serious in learning Bahasa, check out my ad here: Bahasa Indonesia instructor

Teaching aside, I'd like to meet new exciting expat friends. My old friends in Jakarta are either married or busy or married and busy :P. Holla at me if you like to try new fun places in town, movies, music, yoga/pilates, dancing, diving, science, and outdoors. Especially if you're from Southern California! :D

Also, I'm looking for dancing studios or gatherings for people who do American swing dancing (lindy hop). I did swing dancing semi-professionally when I was in states and miss it soo much! Your infos would be greatly appreciated. :)

xoxo,
Anastasia

Hello Anastasia.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hello Anastasia.

Welcome home

Thanks.

Ari Wahyudi :)

xoxo

Hugs and kisses
O=Hug
X=Kiss
If you look at each letter like it was representing two people from a bird's eye view, the "O" represents the arms of those persons hugging each other while the "X" is evocative of two people kissing each other.
See you later, xoxo

I had no clue about that so I researched.
Clearly, I'm old, boring and uncool.

mas fred...

hahhaha...

xoxo,
aabie

Hi Karen and Ari, thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Welcome back to the Big Durian,

Hopefully you'll meet lots of expat friends here :-)

nstswrtmdj wrote:

Hi Karen and Ari, thanks for the warm welcome! :)

How rude of me; I didn't welcome you.

Hi....and nice shirt.

Welcome to expatblog.

Hi Anastasia,

Just wondering if you had any luck finding a swing dancing community in JKK?  We just moved to Bogor and are eager to find some people to dance with - even if just informal and occasional.    Maybe we can get a small group together?

Please keep us posted. 
Best regards, Jacob

can I join
but dont know att all lindy hop
but i really want to do and join   :D

[moderated: off topic + pls avoid copy paste]

welcome back - I may take you up on that offer for learning bahasa Indonesian?  How much do you charge?

cheers
Selma

Anyone offers you more than 150 K/hour is a no go. I used to teach Bahasa Indonesia for 100/hour. I think its decent.

selmap wrote:

welcome back - I may take you up on that offer for learning bahasa Indonesian?  How much do you charge?

cheers
Selma

Welcome home:-)

Hello Jakartan,
We are planning a swing dance lesson/gathering this weekend August 9 if you would like to join us. I linty hop as well as solo jazz and balboa. If you would like to join us contact back and I will give you some details.

Swing Addict

I would like to learn to dance, but no experience here.

Jane