Job in Singapore...It is still available for foreigner?

Hi dear friends,

I am Nhi, coming from Vietnam.
I graduated from Open Unvisity with English Teaching Methodologies, and from University of Sunderland with Master of Business Administration.
I have working experiences in Eduational field, Logistics and Social Network with positions such as TA, English Teacher, Marketing Executive, Marketing Asisstant, and Account Executive.
Singapore is one of advanced countries, I do hope to have chance to work there and getting more professional experience for my career path.
What was your experience to look for a job in Singapore, especially Vietnamese? What should i need to prepare more before stepping into Singapore when I currently hold passport only.
You sharing, experience, and guide are highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Wish you a great week ahead!!!

Best regards,
Nhi Tran

before coming down to SG may be u can get in touch with some recruitment agencies and share your CV with them. apart from that u can post  ur resume online on the various organisations career page. lastly u can browse through some online job portals in singapore to analyze the trend

Cheers

Hi Nhi Tran ,
i am from india , looking for job in a agribusiness in singapore .
As you are working in singapore , kindly findout the job in agriculture . I am M.Sc. AGRI, MBA having 23 years of experience in sales and marketing .If you help me , i shall be highy thankful
to you dear . You can contact me at [email protected]
I will be waiting your reply.
thanks.
Sanjay Mahant
cell no.+91 7507849955

Hi Sanjay,

Please post your advert in the Agriculture jobs in Singapore section, this might surely help.

Thank you,

David.

Hi Jacob,

Good morning!
I hope to call you correctly.
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have tried to post my CV online through various different organization career pages. Also, I have applied to avarious posts which singapore companies are recruiting. However, I have got no reply from them.
For Job angencies, one thing is that the fee which i have to pay if they help me to find a job is high and risky. I have to pay them 3.5 months of salary for them in advance right after I get the contract while I dont know wether i can pass the probation period or not.
I think It will be great if there are some friends who introduce me the jobs at their companies, and then i will apply to it.
Thank you so much for your information.
Have a nice day ahead!!

Best regards,
Nhi

Dear Sanjay,

It is very nice to meet you.
I havent got a job in Singapore yet.
So it is pity that I also cant share any exprience.
What i can do is that i will try to ask some friends in Singapore.
I will get back to you about this matter if i have any information.
Thank you very much and happy to make friends.
Have a nice day!!!

Best regards,
Nhi

Hi Nhi,

Recently Singapore government had limit foreigner work in Singapore but this mainly effect on non skill filed example construction side.

And for executive level, still got good market here ,,,,

whether or not you able apply for working pass here is very much depend on your salary , the number of foreigner staff in the company which employ you ( If I not wrong 1 Singaporean staff can employ 3 or 4 foreigner )

Anyway you may visit MOM website to understand more .....

Dear Pclai,

It is very nice to meet you, and thanks for your useful information.
Any sharing from you and friends is highly appreciated.
I will try to read more on the website suggested.
Wish you a nice day!

Best regards,

Nhi

Nhi Tran wrote:

For Job angencies, one thing is that the fee which i have to pay if they help me to find a job is high and risky. I have to pay them 3.5 months of salary for them in advance right after I get the contract while I dont know wether i can pass the probation period or not.

Under Singapore law, it is illegal for recruitment agencies to charge the job applicants any fee. So, if this is a Singapore agency, you should report them to the authorities!
(If it is a foreign agency: They can't get you a job in Singapore anyway, so avoid them!)

Hi Guys,

Go through these job portals

monster.com.sg
jobsdb.com.sg
jobstreet.com.sg

and get in touch with recruitment agencies like manpower staffing services singapore, xcellink, talense, mindteck & JMC.

Hope these may be able to help you

MOM in Singapore just announced new regulations on employment situation . Just go and look carefully on their website. Your job may only last for 1 year only, possibly...

Hi i am Deb from India ,

For last seven and eight months i continuously trying to get a job in Singapore. I hope there are lot of opportunities in Tourism and Hospitality , I have done management degree in Tourism and Masters in Tourism . I can speak English and French and worked for four years in Travel agency , as a Travel co- coordinator . I can work with internet , outlook express , M Sword , Power point , Excel , and also worked as customer care executive . I have become fed up by applying with several times . Not getting any response , Please guide me .   If i directly come to Singapore and stay there for few weeks and and meet companies for interview will it work ? Please guide me . I need your assistance and suggestion . Thank you .
                                                yours sincerely
                                                D Chakrabarty

Hi i am Deb from India ,

For last seven and eight months i continuously trying to get a job in Singapore. I hope there are lot of opportunities in Tourism and Hospitality , I have done management degree in Tourism and Masters in Tourism . I can speak English and French and worked for four years in Travel agency , as a Travel co- coordinator . I can work with internet , outlook express , M Sword , Power point , Excel , and also worked as customer care executive . I have become fed up by applying with several times . Not getting any response , Please guide me .   If i directly come to Singapore and stay there for few weeks and and meet companies for interview will it work ? Please guide me . I need your assistance and suggestion . Thank you .
                                                yours sincerely
                                                D Chakrabarty

Hi i am Deb from India ,

For last seven and eight months i continuously trying to get a job in Singapore. I hope there are lot of opportunities in Tourism and Hospitality , I have done management degree in Tourism and Masters in Tourism . I can speak English and French and worked for four years in Travel agency , as a Travel co- coordinator . I can work with internet , outlook express , M Sword , Power point , Excel , and also worked as customer care executive . I have become fed up by applying with several times through net . Not getting any response , Please guide me .   If i directly come to Singapore and stay there for few weeks and and meet companies for interview will it work ? Please guide me . I need your assistance and suggestion . Thank you .
                                                yours sincerely
                                                D Chakrabarty

You posted the same message three times.
To make a professional and trustworthy impression, try to write your job applications with less grammar and spelling errors than your post.
You should also stop asking for guidance - employers want people who solve problems, not those who ask for help.
Being in the country hugely increases your chances to be invited to an interview, because applications without local phone number are usually just discarded. But a few weeks might not be enough - if you are serious about finding a job, you should plan on several months.
Another hint: Did you check if your degree is recognised by MoM? Without a recognised degree, you will only get a work visa as lowly paid manual labourer.

Yes there is a link on MOM website that allows you to do a self assessment of your chances for employment. There is a drop down list of recognized Universities from all over the world. Lower grade Universities, many in India, may not be in the list and that means you have zero chance of a job..regardless whether its Master or even PhD!

Dear All,

Good morning!
I hope you are doing well.
Do you have any idea about TMP (Training Management Pass)?
one agency in Vietnam which provides the job introducing service introduces job as intership with SGD $1000 working from 10- 12 hours/ day, have one day off, food for luch, and no commodation.
What do you think about this?

Wish you a nice day!

Best regards,
Nhi

Nhi : Nobody has heard of the Open University! And even in the U K Ranking of Universities, Sunderland is only ranked 77. Let alone in the world. Singapore graduates that are working in good positions are from the top ranked Universities in the world - NUS and NTU. . You do your own evaluations - LoL

Dear Sploke77,

Thanks for your information.
The program which I had learnt was the corporation program between TEG (Tyndale Education Group, Singapore)and University of Sunderland.
My University belongs to the new university in UK (just more than 100 years of establish), and of course it cant compare with other famous univeristy with long history. However, comparing with the new univeristy system in UK it is at the top one.
I dont look for senior positions or boss position, so I think it will be ok if I could have a chance.

Once again, thank so much for your information and wish you a nice day ahead!!

Best regards,

Nhi

Yes, depends on the kind of internship, that is, which industry. You could be in retail sales, standing for 12 hours or it may be in another service industry or hospitality. If there is no accommodation, you need to budget at least SG 250 to cater for sharing a room, then dinner meals and transport costs will total another hundreds of dollars. Not much change from 1K. If you just want the experience of a stressful environment, then welcome to Singapore! The choice is yours, of course. Even Aung Sung of Myanmar says life in Singapore is just work, work, no meaning at all!!

Even Aung Sung of Myanmar says life in Singapore is just work, work, no meaning at all!!

That's a good one bro.

Bro, let me know when you are in Vietnam. Let's meet up for coffee. :)

Hi Nhi, I will suggest you to take put in Vietnam. The chances of you getting a job in Vietnam is higher than Singapore. As Sploke said, it is a stressful environment.

Noah

Latest initiative from the Government about jobs situation , to pacify citizenry is 'Hire Singaporeans where possible first'! Will be interesting to see how this scheme will fan out and its repercussions in due course.

Latest initiative from the Government about jobs situation , to pacify citizenry is 'Hire Singaporeans where possible first'! Will be interesting to see how this scheme will fan out and its repercussions in due course.

I do not think it will have much effect. Just look at the HDB cooling measure..:rolleyes:

noah83 wrote:

Even Aung Sung of Myanmar says life in Singapore is just work, work, no meaning at all!!

That's a good one bro.

Bro, let me know when you are in Vietnam. Let's meet up for coffee. :)

Hi Nhi, I will suggest you to take put in Vietnam. The chances of you getting a job in Vietnam is higher than Singapore. As Sploke said, it is a stressful environment.

Noah

Hi Nhi Tran,

As an English teacher in HCMC, I have many friends who recently graduated and are unable to get a job. I do understand it is not easy. If looking for work in Singapore is your solution, I would suggest you to re-consider.

The cost of living alone is high for middle class Singaporeans and the pace of life as mentioned by Sploke and Noah above, would dull your interest in no time.

Having worked in the Retail/F&B Industry, most of my foreign colleagues who worked in different countries commented that working in Singapore is "by far the worst experience due to long working hours, ~12hours, low wages with nothing much left over to save."( They are in low paying positions. Pay about +/- $1000 SGD. So unless you are getting at least a managerial position ~$3000 SGD, you would find it difficult to enjoy your stay in a beautiful country.

Having said that, you could consider applying to the Retail/Service/F&B Industry as they are always on the lookout to hire foreigner. One of the benefits of working in Singapore would be that you'll get to speak English a lot on a daily basis. However, if your listening and speaking skills are not up to par, be mentally prepared to get a scolding by nasty impatient customers...

Hope this helps!

*Aside to Sploke and Noah, I would like to join you guys for coffee if 3 isn't a crowd =)

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your sharing.
It is really valuable.
Wishing all of you a nice day!!!

If you are in Ho Chi Minh City and need a friend for coffe, please dont hesitate to contact me..^^

Best regards,

Nhi

hi guys i want to go back in singapore to get a job even in a house...please help me to get a good employer .....through directly hire..thank you very much!!

hi guys i want to go back in singapore to get a job even in a house...please help me to get a good employer .....through directly hire..thank you very much!!

Did not you see the adviced from our previous posts? Or are you just trying your luck here?

I am in tourist visa for finding a job, now one company told we take you in work permit as worker for office assistant, but I am IT engineering student , now I get this job, in future can I change my job for my related jobs with epass or spass. Is it possible.

Then now I have spent 2 months in Singapore as a tourist, then when I reapply for tourist visa or any other way to come Singapore for finding job. Is any possible please help me ..

Noah83: you are correct that this Govt of ours simply playing 'wayang'. There are many ways to slip through this so called tightening proposal. Get more understanding about the deep resentment of the masses by reading TheRealSingapore. Food for thought..

Sploke77 wrote:

Noah83: you are correct that this Govt of ours simply playing 'wayang'. There are many ways to slip through this so called tightening proposal. Get more understanding about the deep resentment of the masses by reading TheRealSingapore. Food for thought..

Hey Sploke,

I do read up therealsingapore site once in awhile. Have to say I do agree with some of the articles, but more than 80% are plain rubbish. You should know, we as Singaporean loves to complaint and all the rantings are getting out of hands.

I mean, if you are piss with something, deal with it. If not, move on. Complaints will not get you anywhere!

Btw, I did pm you. Check your inbox lei. :P

Noah

Carinfire wrote:

I am in tourist visa for finding a job, now one company told we take you in work permit as worker for office assistant, but I am IT engineering student , now I get this job, in future can I change my job for my related jobs with epass or spass. Is it possible.

Then now I have spent 2 months in Singapore as a tourist, then when I reapply for tourist visa or any other way to come Singapore for finding job. Is any possible please help me ..

No offense,  what help do you need? Many foreigners come to sg and thought it will be a walk in the park in term of finding a job here. And many went home disappointed.

Do not add on to the number.

Noah

Nhi Tran wrote:

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your sharing.
It is really valuable.
Wishing all of you a nice day!!!

If you are in Ho Chi Minh City and need a friend for coffe, please dont hesitate to contact me..^^

Best regards,

Nhi

hope to meet you there Nhi Tran

are u still planning to go SG?

Hi Hubbennrelle,

It is nice to meet you too.
Yeah, I am still planning to visit Singapore and try my best to get a job there.
I visited Singapore for one week in October and had a lot of fun as well as memory there.
Singapore is nice place to get new experience and learn new things.
However, the old local people say that your country is a stresful one. Every morning they get up, they must think how to earn money which make them really tired. They would prefer living in Vietnam.

I am going to lean something which will give me more knowledge and exeprience to support for my career path.

Hope to see you someday in Ho Chi Minh.

Wishing you a nice day!!!

Best regards,

Nhi

Nhi Tran wrote:

Hi Hubbennrelle,

It is nice to meet you too.
Yeah, I am still planning to visit Singapore and try my best to get a job there.
I visited Singapore for one week in October and had a lot of fun as well as memory there.
Singapore is nice place to get new experience and learn new things.
However, the old local people say that your country is a stresful one. Every morning they get up, they must think how to earn money which make them really tired. They would prefer living in Vietnam.

I am going to lean something which will give me more knowledge and exeprience to support for my career path.

Hope to see you someday in Ho Chi Minh.

Wishing you a nice day!!!

Best regards,

Nhi

that's great, if u will be back just drop me a msg, i'm also looking for a place in VN to relax myself for a while...maybe u can help me there? if you have some question here let me know maybe i may help you too..

regards!:)

:)
It would be my pleasure to help.
If you have any questions about HCMC, please let me know. I will try my best. :)

Best regards,

Nhi

Nhi Tran wrote:

:)
It would be my pleasure to help.
If you have any questions about HCMC, please let me know. I will try my best. :)

Best regards,

Nhi

Thank You, No Problem! :)