Business Visa to Get Marriage License?

Hey all.  I posted some questions about this a while back, but here is one thing I keep getting conflicting information on.

Does it matter if my visa is business or tourist visa when I apply for a marriage license in Saigon?

A few people have told me I will have trouble in the interview with a tourist visa.  Other people have told me a tourist visa is absolutely fine.

Edit:

I checked my visa and it says "B3" under category.  Is this a "business visa"?  This is confusing because I was under the impression I had a "tourist visa".

"B3: shall be granted to persons who enter Vietnam to work with Vietnamese enterprises."

"C1: shall be granted to persons who enter Vietnam for tourist purposes."

I've extended it two times without leaving the country (9 months total stay without leaving Vietnam), although I've been told you are only supposed to be able to extend it once.  The agency I've been using told me I can extend it a third time as well.

Welcome to the Land of Possibilities...
dig deeper and anything is possible

Yeah, yours is a business visa.

Hi, it does not matter to hold a business visa in applying for a marriage certificate of Vietnam.

If you get married with a Vietnamese citizen, you will have an interview. You do not have any interview in other cases.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me on 0908606098, HCMC.

mtgmike wrote:

Hey all.  ...
Does it matter if my visa is business or tourist visa when I apply for a marriage license in Saigon?

A few people have told me I will have trouble in the interview with a tourist visa.  Other people have told me a tourist visa is absolutely fine.

I've extended it two times without leaving the country (9 months total stay without leaving Vietnam), although I've been told you are only supposed to be able to extend it once.  The agency I've been using told me I can extend it a third time as well.

Congratulations!  You found a wife in the 9 months you're in country.  Where is your fiancé from?  I am assuming HCMC since you said you're applying for a marriage license in Saigon. 

There's another solution if you're pressed for time.  A while back, I read a newspaper article that said a lot of Vietnamese women were moving/registering to get married in Lâm Đồng province.  The article said the paperwork procedure was very quick - only took a day.

Ah...here I found the article.

http://en.baomoi.com/Info/Girls-flock-t … 275272.epi

Mtgmike,

It doesn't matter which visa you have, when it comes to tying the knot in Vietnam.  As long as the thing is valid, you are good to go.

The interview is a formality.  If you are legit, you will have nothing to worry about, as long as you are not being an ass to your interviewer.  :lol:

Hey, I have seen guys managed to get their marriages disapproved...  Please don't ask me how.

Tran Hung Dao,

Yes, certain places in Vietnam do things easier and faster than others.  But typically, moving one's residency status there is no easy task.  Take Saigon for instance, it is the place with the most efficient bureaucracy.  However, it takes years or lots of money for a Vietnamese to become a resident there.

The type of visa you have does not matter when getting married in VN.  I got married on a Tourist VISA.

Greglb wrote:

The type of visa you have does not matter when getting married in VN.  I got married on a Tourist VISA.

Ah, a newcomer, digging up old posts and trying get his post count up.

That's right one of my life's ambitions is to get my post count up.

Please my WhatsApp **** from Canada.

Must needs some suggestions DaT Visa and regarding marriage procedures accurately pls.
Thanks .

My DT Visa will expire after tomorrow 4th September,2020 . How to renew , am out of Vietnam do not work through any agents pls.
Any advantage if I marry my GF under my DT TRC ?
I was in VN until 16th July,2020, NOW hard to go back . Flight are not available , 14 days Quarantine centre by VN gov.  Ho Chi Minh.

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, contact details should not be posted on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct