Hi I am joining you guys..

Hi all,
So I am finally in Bahrain. I am an Indian Orthopedic surgeon joined at KHUH Muharraq. Hope to find many friends here. Feel lonely after coming and paralyzed without a car. Read the blogs abt getting a driving license.So am on my way.

Welcome to Bahrain Dr. Agsuhail. And also welcome to the forum.

I am sure you will find life in Bahrain enjoyable as you settle into life here.

Please do let us know if you have any questions and if you require any help or advise in settling down.

Best wishes.

Thanks Farhaz for the warm welcome and the friendly words. I am trying to settle down around the hospital as of now. . Got my papers for license from the hospital.Got to do the rest of the work in the traffic dept. Hope things go my way .
Regards,
Suhail

Busaiteen is a good place to live and certainly living close to work has its advantages, especially in the first few months.

I hope you will be able to get your driving licence sorted out soon. It is a long drawn out process for most people. But since you are from the medical profession, hopefully you should not have too much difficulty.

Best wishes.

Hi all,
My wife holds a driving license in Dubai but it expired last year and we cannot renew it bcoz we dont hold a residence visa there anymore. Can someone tell me if that License will be of ny help in Bahrain or should she take the regular long path of taking the driving license here.
Thanx

Hello Doctor.
I think it may not be useful, but if I was you, I will try my luck with the authorities. Especially given your profession, the authorities may consider your request favourably.
Best wishes!

I don't think it will help you much. But you should try to exchange your drivers license. You might be lucky. They will take your Dubai license and give you a Bahraini one if you're lucky.