Finding a job in Dubai

I came to Dubai in July with high hopes of finding a job. Unfortunately I soon found out that it was the wrong time to come here since it was Ramadan and everything was on a "go-slow".

I spent the past few weeks searching for jobs on the internet but have had no reply to date. This was frustrating and demotivating. I soon found out that networking with other people is the only way to get somewhere, so I joined a Christian church.

To my surprise and delight many members are also from South Africa. So it's great mingling with people with the same background and being able to speak Afrikaans in a foreign country! That made me feel more at home.

I already met two people who are willing to help me regarding a job. I will be joining a group of business owners who meet every Wednesday for breakfast and hopefully someone will be able to help me or point me in the right direction. 

So, if you are new in Dubai and looking for a job, try and join a group of some sort and you may soon find your dream job!

Hi  JoubertRL,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Thank you for your contribution.

Thank you,

David.

Hi JoubertRL,
   It's good to hear that you finally have some hope in finding jobs in Dubai and you were very brave by going to Dubai before getting any job.
My name is Tina,  I am from USA and also looking to find IT job in Dubai. I am senior Project Manager and have more
than 20years of experience in IT, Do you know if Dubai has high demand of IT peoples?

How to get connection with the IT recruiters in Dubai? Can you please send me their information? I saw many articles about local network and I believe that posting resume in Linkedin or on job search sites wont have much effect.

Thanks so much
Tina

I am IT Engineer since 2008 here in Dubai. Although here is no more IT Scope better than my home land Pakistan. One Man show in a company. So I just resigned and looking forward to open IT business in Dubai Inshallah soon.