Questions About Mobile (Cell) Phone Plans in KSA

Okay, now that I've pretty much decided to hang out in the sandbox for another year, it's time to ditch this costly business of buying minutes and maybe get involved in a plan.

What's going on out there?  Best plans?  Most minutes for how much?  What's the procedure?  In the US, if we sign a 2 year contract, we get a FREE new phone.  Same here?  haha

Thanks in advance!

We have a similair setup in the UK.

However my investigation so far has led me to believe contracts do not exist here. Its appears pay as you go is the norm and you have to pay for a phone handset (and they are so much more expensive here (ouch!)

If you find anything please do post.

Good luck :)

dear it depend on your usage do you call local or over seas more? how much is ur monthly bills ?
tell me and i will advice u its my field

hello dear ... ;)

Actually I would never call overseas on a cell phone (I have a skype account as well as a 'magic jack') so it would only be for local calls.

Thanks!

then take the new offer from mobily for females najmha (star)

Strong79

Although i do use Skype to call the US, I also use my cell to call overseas and would like a phone that I can use when traveling out of the country.   The phone I use now does not have that capability.  Please advise on what plan I should purchase.  Thanks for the help - so glad AC asked the question!  :D

mobily for females najmha (star)

Please explain this?  I have no idea what you mean!

Alliecat wrote:

mobily for females najmha (star)

Please explain this?  I have no idea what you mean!

http://www.mobily.com.sa/wps/portal/Najma

have a loook

thanks meetnauman for the link
dear CAF just what is the countries you are calling and while roaming also whats the countries you will go ? so i can help you

Yes, thank you, nauman.

What are the other phone companies in Saudi besides Mobily and do they have plans, also??

the other companies are STC and Zain....only 3 as of now

STC packages :

http://www.stc.com.sa/cws/portal/en/ind … l_packages

Zain :

http://www.sa.zain.com/autoforms/portal … anguage=enhttp://www.sa.zain.com/autoforms/portal … infeatures

( On the left YOu can find other Options )

While deciding Any Connection - Take into Consideration user's Response. As in some area MOBILY do have Congestion issues.

And You have to see for the Reception. I remember in my last JOb , due to week signals i had to come out of the building to receive calls ....... other wise i used to get Miss call alerts... which get annoying at times.

mobily is the best

Not so sure about Mobily, had a bad experience with them, turns out they have this fine print and trick marketing tactics.
Switched to STC and they have better reception, when calling international people do hear me clearly (As opposed to Mobily) Aaaand every once in a while they come up with crazy offers, they had one whole month of free calls to other STC lines...

CAF wrote:

Although i do use Skype to call the US, I also use my cell to call overseas and would like a phone that I can use when traveling out of the country.   The phone I use now does not have that capability.

Check to see that this is your plan and not the settings on your phone.  I have to change mine to "manual" when I go to another country to get "roaming" capability.  It might not be your plan.

My company provides my phone and plan, so I do have a post-paid plan on STC, so I know they are available.

Hey alliecat,

What plan did you go with? I am so undecided myself.....I too do not make international calls on my phone....

Also, does anyone know about voicemail with mobily?  I have a pay as you go sim with mobily at the moment....voicemail does not seem to exist.....or perhaps I just don't know how to set it up? Is it worth setting up or is it expensive?  How about if I switched to a postpaid plan?

Thanks in advance.....

Does anyone know if those mobile phone shops in Batha are legit ? saw a good price for a Nokia N8

I am planning to travel to KSA in a week and need to know if better to buy a cell phone from US or buy one locally.  Mind you there are many immitations for major phones.

Mosen
[email protected]

Dubliner1967 wrote:

Does anyone know if those mobile phone shops in Batha are legit ? saw a good price for a Nokia N8

We keep getting approached by guys on the street trying to sell Samsung SII's.  One look at it (the sellers don't let it out of their hands) was enough to recognise the right casing, but a low end phones motherboard in it, obvious in the Atari 2600 pixellated graphics on the screen.....

Why is it I can call a cell phone with a Saudi Arabian cell phone number from my landline IF that cell phone is in Saudi Arabia? If this person is outside of his cournty, I cannot reach him. But if I call him from my US Cell phone I can reach him no matter what country he is in!
I'm confused!