Family visa -new rules

Hi,

I have learnt that the govt. has raised the salary limit for family visa to OR600. Can someone please tell me what was the basic pay limit earlier?

R.O. 350/- per month.

I think it was 400 RO

is there medical needed for family visa??what is test needed?

11061984 wrote:

is there medical needed for family visa??what is test needed?

Yes, a mandatory medical test is required to apply for a family joining visa.

The medical tests must only be done at the Ministry approved GAMCA medical centres before applying. The results are valid for a period of 3 months. Googling will give you a list of all such approved centres across India.

Typically the tests would comprise of  the following :

1. ECG - For identifying any heart related anomalies and other related conditions,
2. Chest X-Ray -  For identifying unnatural congestion / TB / Pleurisy / other lung ailments,
3. Series of Blood Tests - For analysing a host of physiological investigations including Cholesterol, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, etc.,
4. VDRL - Test for ruling out Syphilis / Gonorrhea / other sexually transmitted / venereal diseases,
5. Stool and Urine Tests - For identifying Blood Sugar / Diabetes / Stomach / Colon related issues,
6. Physical examination, and for certain categories of jobs,
7. Psychological and Stress Tests as well. These might be excluded for Family joining Visa category.

Tests would be categorised differently for different groups. The company would be the best source to guide you on what exactly needs to be submitted alongwith the other mandatory documents, to apply for a family joining visa.