Hi Everyone and looking for some advice

My husband and I are currently in the process of moving to Al Khobar - he flies on Friday and I will follow once the paperwork is sorted.  We are moving from Houston but are originally from the UK. So started sorting out what to bring and what not - got round to the Christmas decorations now.  I understand that Christmas trees are a no no and guessing nativity scenes wouldn't cut it either! What about just general 'holiday decor' like snowmen, nutcrackers etc? Nothing with a religious theme but just things we would decorate the house with in the west - you know stockings etc. Also has anyone had any problems with Halloween themed things either?

Thanks in advance.

With the exception of the nativity scenes +religious theme items,  you should be fine and that includes Halloween themed things.

If you were coming to Jeddah, I would had told you from where you can buy Xmas tree and some other decoration (usually over the top ugly ones :P ). They will start appearing on shelves here and there specially in shopping areas where Philippinoes go to shop.

ahmadaq wrote:

They will start appearing on shelves here and there specially in shopping areas where Philippinoes go to shop.

Actually, I've seen the same in Batha... but you have to ask the shop keeper and then he'll go into the backroom and produce a few things, all in a very hush-hush way, of course lol

Exactly Alliecat! :)

There's a Caravan of Crafts (a big Christmas craft fair on Aramco Dhahran camp on Tuesday, Nov 5th from 4-8pm and Wednesday, November 6th from 9am-5pm. 4 houses filled with beautiful Christmas decor/gifts.  I'm not over there yet (still in Houston, too), but saw this on a FB group for my husband's company. What company are y'all with?  We're with Sadara. :)

Hi Texas Rose - we're with Schlumberger - when are you expecting to get over? I don't think I'll be there by the start of November so dang it I will miss this. Maybe next year!

The boys & I are supposed to go over in mid-November.  We help manage the haunted house, Fearshire Farms, so we're staying until after Halloween.  Then since the PS4 is coming out just 2 weeks later, the boys talked Dad into letting them wait on it since they won't be able to get it in Saudi.  I've heard people say that they shipped Christmas decorations in their D-container with no problems, though.  Just mark the box with the tree 'greenery', etc.

Which company are y'all with and do you know which compound you'll be in?

you can read those topics , so funny :

http://www.blueabaya.com/2012/12/oh-chr … -tree.htmlhttp://thesamerainbowsend.com/2012/12/2 … TO2z4.dpbs

Well, I'm guessing you'd be staying within a compound. If so, I don't think anyone would mind there especially the Westerners-only compounds.
And yes, just like Alliecat said, they do have them in shops but you have to ask so they bring it to you from wherever it is they hid it lol.

So..... where do expats who did NOT come here with their familes plus their kitchen sink find a "Charlie Brown" Xmas tree?

Pajaroflor sent you a pm of where to shop. Ahmadaq can probably give you good directions to the place I mentioned. All I know is it is near the Mura Bustan compound

pajaroflor wrote:

So..... where do expats who did NOT come here with their familes plus their kitchen sink find a "Charlie Brown" Xmas tree?

Wow, so does this mean you'll be stringing popcorn and making construction paper chains to decorate the tree? lol  Sounds like fun, actually!

Roger that stressedoutmom! Thx guys

Allie... String dried fruit and dried orange peel etc... You bet, girlfriend!!!

Can you tell me the address of the shop in Jeddah. The one that sells christmas trees ?

hi,senait M.K  I'm seriously intrested in Saudi market, my e mail-skype address is [email protected]
could you inform me about your e mail address

Hello hakann,

Just a friendly reminder that Expat-blog is NOT a dating site. Why else would you ask for the e-mail address of the ONLY female with a photo who replied on this topic thread? Really now, how obvious can you get!

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/DATESITE_zps40374a09.jpg