How to get the business visa(6 month or 1 year)

Hi ,
I m a Srilankan going to visit Cambodia next month , can anybody tell me how to get the business visa there ? can i switch it from tourist visa to Business(multiple travel) visa ?

tq

Usually you can't switch visas, you'd need to leave the country. But you can get a one month business visa on arrival. Then take it to a travel agent to extend it for a year or six months. (Depending on nationality, sometimes you have to go to immigration yourself. Not sure which nationalities though.)

Thanks Samantha ..

hi,how did you get on with the business visa?

IT IS NOT CALLED A BUSINESS VISA .... IT IS NOW CALLED AN.    ORDINARY VISA ...

As Samantha1 ssid, be very careful with this visa.
The "official" rule is that you do need a proof of employment.
However, for people who are from rich developed countries, this proof is not required.
There is no way to get a list of those countries as it's not official.
What I can say is that if you are from an African country, they will FOR SURE ask this proof.

Hey

i am from Pakistan , currently working in UAE as a 3D designer .

I want to get business or ordinary Visa on arrival.

Can any one help me. Is it possible for Pakistanis , get business or Ordinary Visa on Arrival in Cambodia.

Sri Lankan and Pakistani citizen's are not issued any type of Cambodian visa on arrival (VOA). You will have to apply at the nearest Cambodian Embassy in person prior to travelling to Cambodia.

Applicants from Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and Sudan, except for those employed by the UN, IMF,WORLD BANK, ADB and other International Organizations, must provide the following:
•Letter of Sponsor from his/her company, local NGO, school (in Cambodia)
•Return air ticket to and from Cambodia
•One photocopy of Alien ID Card, student ID card

Thanks Rarky ,

I know Pakistanis not get visa on arrival.

I am searching for invitation letter or sponser letter from any local NGO or school from one month but i didn't get it until now.

would you help me in this matter .

thanks

I am sorry but I cannot help you, only offer advice and point out the facts.

You will need to secure employment, or even a volunteer position, with a business/organisation before you can even consider applying for your visa. Without employment in Cambodia, you will NOT be granted a visa.

I have got job offer. And i am in Pakistan currently, now with some necessary documents can I get business/ordinary visa on arrival. The reason I am asking that there is no any embassy of Cambodia in Pakistan, the nearest one is in India who refused to process visa through mail and it is near to impossible to go there and get a visa due to shortage of time and problems getting an indian visa.

You could stop over in KL and get KH visa there. You'll get 5 days visa on arrival in Malaysia, which should be sufficient time.

Thanks for the reply. But being from Pakistan I cannot get visa on arrival there.

Hello Samantha,

I found this on another site. Is it true, a Business Visa is now called an Ordinary Visa?
Thx, David

"You can get a Business Visa (Now called "Ordinary" Visa) on arrival, just pay the $25 and it's good for one month, single entry."

David,  business visa has been known as Ordinary Visa/E-Type Visa for a few years now, yes you can get it on arrival (as long as you are not from 1 of the countries I mentioned above), it is $25 for1 month which you can then extend for 3, 6 or 12 mths. Only 6 & 12 mth extensions are multiple entry/ exit, and the 12 month visa can continue to be renewed indefinitely.

Any idea what the cost is to extend an Ordinary Visa to 12 months with multiple entry/exit?  I want to be able to go between Cambodia and Việt Nam with impunity.

Approximately $280, depends where you get it done.

tourist visa is for 28 days only    $20    but a normal visa has up to I year  $25 per month or $290 for 12 months can be done at travel shops alone the main street called riverside   you can update your visa it takes 24 hours only

rarky wrote:

Sri Lankan and Pakistani citizen's are not issued any type of Cambodian visa on arrival (VOA). You will have to apply at the nearest Cambodian Embassy in person prior to travelling to Cambodia.

Applicants from Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka and Sudan, except for those employed by the UN, IMF,WORLD BANK, ADB and other International Organizations, must provide the following:
Letter of Sponsor from his/her company, local NGO, school (in Cambodia)
Return air ticket to and from Cambodia
One photocopy of Alien ID Card, student ID card

This list does not include Tajikistan of which country I am a citizen, and I was refused business visa applying at the Cambodian embassy providing all the necessary document that they had asked for, Eg. Invitation letter, hotel bookings, air tickets, etc. This is my first trip to Cambodia so maybe I will be luckier next time around. But my question is - is there a way to change my tourist visa which is for 28 days to business when i am in the country? Or I shouldn't even bother and do it on my next trip? If anyone could comment, that would be great!

@bnarzulloev... you cannot transfer a Tourist visa to an Ordinary visa whilst in Cambodia. You will need to leave the country, re-enter and apply for Ordinary visa upon re-entry.

rarky wrote:

@bnarzulloev... you cannot transfer a Tourist visa to an Ordinary visa whilst in Cambodia. You will need to leave the country, re-enter and apply for Ordinary visa upon re-entry.

Your PASSPORT needs to leave the country  :D

dosolto wrote:

Your PASSPORT needs to leave the country  :D

Haha...yes, there are ways and means ;)

I will make sure I take it with me when I leave the country!  :cheers: