Family Iqama not issued

Dear expats,

My family arrived in KSA on new residence visa 2 months ago but there Iqama has not yet been issued. According to my employer there is shortage of 'Cards' in jawazat and therefore, they are not accepting applications for issuing family iqama.

Now only 3 weeks are left before there initial 90 days visa will be expired. I would like to know if my family can stay after residence visa expiry and the Iqama can be issued later with any penalties. Or is it better to send them back to avoid any trouble? Need your expert advise soon. Thanks

I know of cards shortage in Riyadh since Ramadan. It must have hit Jeddah by now.

No, don't send them back. Iqamas may have already been issued (though not printed yet). Eventually cards will arrive and all will be settled.

i wonder what is the penalty if the 90 days spouse visa expires and iqama is still not issued/made

Thanks for the reply.
Do you know what is the process? I mean as you said 'Iqamas may have already been issued (though not printed yet).' I would like to mention that they haven't accepted the application for issuing Iqama. So how come Iqama issued already in the system? Is there any way to check it?

What scares me is the rule on Ministry of Interior website:

Overstaying in the Kingdom upon visa expiry    
•  The violator shall be subjected to statutory penalties as custody, fining and deporting.
•  Finalising his deporting procedures after collecting the statutory fines, issue an exit visa for him and expedite his travel.
•  If the violator came to visit a resident, the matter shall be referred to the Minister of Interior to issue directives towards the resident who harboured him to terminate his Iqama and deport him.

Need your valuable advise. Thanks.

your boss is a lier
insist on issuing iqama for tem ASAP
you can authorise a saudi person to issue it.
"shrtage of cards" HUH

S_A wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
Do you know what is the process? I mean as you said 'Iqamas may have already been issued (though not printed yet).' I would like to mention that they haven't accepted the application for issuing Iqama. So how come Iqama issued already in the system? Is there any way to check it?

What scares me is.......

If the application was declined then definitely the process hasn't been started yet.

You're right about the penalty but the the thing is: the card problem shortage resolves in days. So hopefully it will be pulled off soon. Sending them back is worse: You'll have to apply for the visas again.

I don't know if they are liars or they just enjoy seeing somebody suffering :/

Anyway, Is it possible to authorize any agent for this purpose who is not a company representative? It would be a good idea to pay some money and get things done asap. (hope not to put myself in bigger trouble, God Forbid)....

S_A wrote:

I don't know if they are liars or they just enjoy seeing somebody suffering :/

Anyway, Is it possible to authorize any agent for this purpose who is not a company representative? It would be a good idea to pay some money and get things done asap. (hope not to put myself in bigger trouble, God Forbid)....

Yes. Any khitmaat Aama (general services) office can do that. Just make sure he's someone trustable. You definitely won't like someone to kid around with you.

Dear,
as i can see its been more than 6 months since you posted this question, i am just concern have you sort out your problem or not yet (I hope and pray its been sorted out) because i am also in the same boat... now listening a new stories as we will have to pay 500 SAR for each passport/iqama issuance..
Kindly if you are done with it do let us know because you will find so many person like me facing the same kind of issues.. so if you would update us would help thousands like me.

thanks
& best regards

Hi Kamran,
Alhamdulillah my issue was sorted out. There is nothing to worry about actually. It's correct that you have to pay a penality of 500 SR per Iqama and they will issue it. Just make sure that all family members have taken the mandatory medical examination in Saudi Arabia which is needed by Jawazat for issuing Iqama.
Good luck and remember me in your prayers :)

Best regards