Visa Upon Arrival

#1 07 September 2013 12:41:02

Stakan

Visa Upon Arrival

Tthis almost feels like a silly question, but I will ask anyway.

I'm coming over for just two days. The purpose is a job interview and just to check out Bahrain. I intend to get my visa upon arrival siting tourism as the reason (I will present a US passport). If I mention a job interview will that cause any issues? Is it best not to mention anything related to work? Should I not say I'm considering moving there and wanted to check it out to see if I like it?

Thanks.

#2 07 September 2013 14:19:19

Josnuggles

Re: Visa Upon Arrival

Just say you are coming for a short break. Don't mention interview. It won't make matters worse but may complicate. You NEED an address where you will be staying in Bahrian and details of your return flight for your disembarkation card. Fill this in before queuing at customs

#3 07 September 2013 19:47:08

brightonguy

I know it differs on a case by case basis, but for US passports, they don't usually ask WHY are you here. They may ask where are you going to stay or for how long - all these information is written on the card you will fill in anyway. And as Jo rightly pointed out, you should do it before you queue otherwise you will have to queue again if you don't have this Card in hand. Just let us know if you need anything when you arrive.

#4 07 September 2013 21:01:10

egarti
egarti
Bahrain

hey Stakan,

I work in the Airline field and you need to fill landing card with all details . The immigration officers are very helpful and welcoming nothing to fear :)I know most of them )

#6 14 September 2013 12:39:41

faisalkh
faisalkh
Khober

Hello,

I am pakistani national in Bahrain for 5 weeks ( working in Saudi Arabia though ). can someone advise me if I can have my visit Visa obtained from Algerian embassy.
I am willing to viist Algeria soon.

#8 15 September 2013 10:09:34

Farhaz
Farhaz
Manama

I know some embassies insist that visa applications be made in the country in which you normally reside. But nothing like trying.

1 member online in Bahrain

Expatriate health insurance Bahrain
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bahrain.
>> Click here
Expat banking Bahrain
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Bahrain
A few tips from professionals about moving to Bahrain.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Bahrain
Don't worry and travel happy across Bahrain.
>> Click here