Please advise filter for drinking water.

Hello!
I began to notice that the water in the kettle sometimes gave a precipitate, sometimes a little muddy. Who uses stationary water filters in the kitchen, please advise the filter and the seller.

Hey guys! Nobody use it???!

Try Courts or Kalachand in Quatre Bornes .They have some good water filter.

Thank you, Terence!

Hi Olga!

I am moving to Mauritius soon, but am browsing around the blog for tips and info and exchange experiences!

I collaborate with a company which produces water filters, both portable ones, and 'under-sink' ones, which all remove bacteria, chlorine and heavy metals from the water, as well as re-mineralize it.

Maybe you could check the website

http://www.thepurewatercompany.com/category_s/1815.htm

Let me know if it's any use to you!

:)

Astra

Thank you Astra! I'll have a look

I think I saw some of this Britta Filtering Cans from Germany in the different house hold shops. It's not so expensive but I think you have to quite often change the filtering inlay.
Beside this I know the guy in the Quartier Gourmet in Sodnac is using a water filtering system, might be coming close to the one linked above. Not sure if he imported it or maybe bought at this company. The water from this is really tasting awesome, but the device is quite costly.

Thank you Mario. I know Britta filters, it's a good alternative, I used it in Russia. But I wanted something more serious. I agree with you, that filters pretty expensive. We have in Russia a lot of competitors in this business, so filters are same good, with ionisation, but don't cost so much.

Hi Olga.

At the moment I am using the H2Go filter, which is like a water jar, portable, with a filter inside (lasts up to 3 months).
The water where I live has a lot of chlorine in it, which I am sensitive to, so I filter all the water through my H2go, een for cooking, and the taste is MUCH better! Besides the PH becomes alkaline, and the benefits of drinking alkaline water are endless...

The only reason why I can't install a permanent filter is that we're renting, and will be moving away soon! (to Mauritius, that is!)

Are there not Russian companies selling them overseas?

Anyway, please ask me if you need more info on the link I sent you!

Ciao :)

I advice you to log on at rahienterprises.com
and find a variety of Best Quality Water Purifiers.Experts in water.

Dear Olga,
you may contact me I would suggest the good water purifier after checking your water. Checking of water would be free of charge.
I am sure you will like my advice.
Regards
Raj

Thank you, Astra
I see its good filters, but this a bit expencive for me.

Thank you Rajiv,
I've already found what I wanted. Filter Brita in Mr.Bricolage. It has separate tap for drinking water. Two flasks with the filters, simple to install. Price is about 13k

Hi,
There is a shop by  jumbo riche terre that do water filtration systems.
you can give them a go,  not sure what its called.

[moderated: no free ads please + register your company in the business directory]

Just how safe is your water? Most filters will remove impurities and debris, but do little to remove bacterias and viruses. You should really think about spending the extra money on a water purification system. A simple web search will let you know if there are any brands available in Mauritius and what the price range would be.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hi,
I know this topic was started a while back but for anyone still looking I recently purchased a water filter from Kalachand (they have branches in many towns) by BelAir. It is a "natural mineral water system" which has an 8 step system to remove impurities, neutralize pathogens, remineralize and magnetize the water leaving it with a slightly alkaline pH which is ideal. It has done wonders with my tap water and is much preferable to buying and wasting endless plastic bottles, not to mention the harm they can pose to our health. It stands on the worktop, needs the filter replacing in 6 months, has replaceable parts and best of all only cost 1200 rupees! I had Brita before but this is much better in my opinion.
Karen

Thank you Karen! Very interesting.

can't you drink at all just out of the tap?
I'm now mixing it, purchased water and out of the tap. Haven't had problems yet;)

Filtered water, I think is highly recommended.

When will happen rainy season you will see why better to filter it)  Water in kettle become not clear and even some mud and particles can appear.

I think you can drink the tap water and if you are not worried about it keep doing it. I think it depends where you live and how old your pipes are and how sensitive you are to certain things etc. My tap water is sometimes muddy brown and tastes of chlorine. With the amount of pesticides freely used around here I would prefer to filter the water as I am really sensitive to chemicals and also prefer the taste. Our bodies are mostly made of water so the purer the water we put in, the better for the long-term health I reckon, as long as we don't stress about it as that is worse for the health!! ;)

(moderated : advertisement)