Aliexpress to Vietnam, Anyone did this before?

Hey guys, If I want to purchase something off Aliexpress.com and deliver to Viet Nam, I like to know whether there are any taxes imposed on the selected items such as wall decals and electronics items?

Please advise if you had ever done so on Aliexpress.com

Appreciate it.
Bryan :)

That depends on the value and quantity of your electronics items when it arrives in the Vietnam customs.

Not sure what item you want to purchase but one of my friends had to pay 1.8 millions Dong (equi. US$90.00)in taxes for a pair of shooes worth "US$ 45.00" that his mom sent him from the states.

In VN, they dont look the actual value of each item but they have a tariff rate to refer to. For this reason, I would only recommend to ship something to VN if you really need it and couldnt find anywhere here.

Mandy

Hey Bryan,

Most online retailers don't ship to Vietnam.  Custom clearance is a pain.  If you must have your things, you will be much better served flying there and lug them back.

I have bought a few things from dx.com and had then shipped to Vietnam. I've always been charged import duty which  averaged around 25%. They have free shipping through ems but some items took 3 months to arrive in Phan Thiet from  Hong Kong / China. I've ordered vitamins which I can't find in Vietnam  from iherb.com in the US and they ship DHL which takes around a week again with import duty which is never the same amount even though I order the same items. $70 USD of vitamins costs me about 500-650,000 in duty.

I tried to order from Aliexpress recently but they rejected my order as my cc address was not the same as my home address in Vietnam. You can raise a claim to have this reviewed which I did but never heard back so I've given up for now.

Davideb wrote:

I have bought a few things from dx.com and had then shipped to Vietnam. I've always been charged import duty which  averaged around 25%. They have free shipping through ems but some items took 3 months to arrive in Phan Thiet from  Hong Kong / China. I've ordered vitamins which I can't find in Vietnam  from iherb.com in the US and they ship DHL which takes around a week again with import duty which is never the same amount even though I order the same items. $70 USD of vitamins costs me about 500-650,000 in duty.

I tried to order from Aliexpress recently but they rejected my order as my cc address was not the same as my home address in Vietnam. You can raise a claim to have this reviewed which I did but never heard back so I've given up for now.

Most if not all online stores only deliver to the cc address to avoid fraud or stolen card scams.

I've heard alibaba will be coming out with an international version soon much like ebay. so i'm assuming they will take paypal hopefully.

If you have the time, it is cheaper to take bus to Bangkok from HCMC, have items shipped through DHL from a friend in the states. That way you combine a holiday/visa run and avoid the vat.

ancientpathos wrote:

If you have the time, it is cheaper to take bus to Bangkok from HCMC, have items shipped through DHL from a friend in the states. That way you combine a holiday/visa run and avoid the vat.

That sounds like the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.
I've done overland Bangkok to Saigon and it's not something you want to do unless you have a whole week and lots of money for hotels. Not too mention the passport pages you lose to visas. Cambodian visa is $30 now. Plus the chance of getting robbed or injured in Cambodia.

Hello keyboardsmash,

Just for info, this thread has been inactive since 2013.

Thank you,
Marjorie :cheers: