Retiring end of summer 2014

Hi new to the site but are moving to panama or costa rica end of summer 2014. Would love to be by the beach on the Pacific side. And looking to rent at least a furnished 2 bed house.
Thanks Bud :)

THE place is the Azuro Peninsula, with Pedasi being the home base. From Pedasi you your choices include many beaches, fishing, Isla Iguana and more. There are many options for home rentals from $500 to $5,000 per month. Come visit and you will fall in love with the people, the beaches and all else that the Azuro Peninsula has to offer. We did and moved here August 1 after having visited twice in the past 2 years.

Thank you for the info. From you info and others it sounds like Pedasi is a good bet. As for visiting we are actually selling our house and belongs and coming to central america either panama or costa rica. Either we can not afford to live in the US on our SS and pension. Our plan is to rent a house in a place and if we don't like it to try somewhere else.
Thanks Bud

Hola Bud
I highly encourage you to visit first, before you sell everything and move. If you want more info on how we did what you are proposing to do, go to mcmoller.wordpress.com, this is a blog that my wife Connie is writing about our "adventure." It goes back to how it all began and now what is happening since we moved here on August 1.
Hasta Luego,
Mikkel
[email protected]

Well lets say when we come it would be are visit. Because whether we stay or not would matter because as I said if it isn't there it will be somewhere else other than the US
Thanks Bud

You, of course, have to make your own decisions but I just wanted to toss out that I recently met a fellow expat who lived in CR for 5-6 years, and in the last couple years his rent doubled. The cost of everything there is going up, crime is a serious problem, and the infrastructure isn't as good. Costa Ricans themselves are moving to Panama because of increasing costs. Whever you decide to live, do a lot of research and talk to as many people as you can.

Kris

B&J abroad wrote:

Thank you for the info. From you info and others it sounds like Pedasi is a good bet. As for visiting we are actually selling our house and belongs and coming to central america either panama or costa rica. Either we can not afford to live in the US on our SS and pension. Our plan is to rent a house in a place and if we don't like it to try somewhere else.
Thanks Bud

We live in Volcan, Panama. I would strongly recommend you come this way for a visit before you settle in. We have just met another couple from Costa Rica and they told us it is very!! expensive there and they cannot believe how economical it is here in Panama. The weather is super as we are in the highlands and we have almost no humidity and the temps are 60-80 year round!

Please let us know when exactly you will be arriving and we'd be happy to give you some tips.

Pastor Joel Gardner

Pastor, thank you for reply. We haven't yet made a decision on whether to start in panama or Costa Rica
But I do want to be on the beach or within a short walk
Question were the people that came from cr trying to live like Americans there or like locals?
Bud

The locals are also leaving because of the costs along with the expats. When you visit, you can price things and make your own decisions.

Pastor Joel - we were just in your lovely area yesterday and had a wonderful day :) I have so many great photos I can't decide what to post on my blog!

Kris

B&J abroad wrote:

Pastor, thank you for reply. We haven't yet made a decision on whether to start in panama or Costa Rica
But I do want to be on the beach or within a short walk
Question were the people that came from cr trying to live like Americans there or like locals?
Bud

Hi  Pastor Joel,

We will be visiting Volcan in December, will try an look you up,  we were in Panama  about 3 years ago and didn't  make it there, it's on the visit list this time.

Hugo & Cynthia