Bulgeria

How involved is it to purchase a house and become a resident?
I am interested in living in a smaller town rather than in one of the larger cities.
   What can I expect as the cost of living after getting there and settling in? Is there any difficulty in obtaining a visa?
How much does it cost? Are there taxes? Are there any problems with  obtaining money from USA?
   I sure there are differences in the customs.
But on the other hand I really think people are pretty much the same everywhere.
   Any info I can get will be greatly appreciated.
                  Thanks, Tommy Lee

Hi Tommy Lee

Getting a  visa is not that difficult just go to the Bulgarian embassy

The houses are very cheap and cost of living is very low, we spend about 500 euros a month and have a good one

I came here from the California and the culture chock thing was huge for me but got used to it because the Bulgarians are wonderful people

We live in a village 30km from a town and 65km from the city of Burgas and the coast so we got what we wanted, the country side, the town and the beaches and also the airport not far away

You just have to make a good choice, my advice to you is to make a list of what you guys want then come over and travel around to make up your mind, also check out the weather for each area

Good luck
Sihem

Hi, Would you happen to know a reputable real estate person I could talk to? Or perhaps know someone who wants sell or rent a house?
   Thanks, Tommy Lee

Hello, thanks for the message. What part of the country do you live in? Do you know a real estate person I could get in touch with?