Getting Married in Egypt

if it was only expats.. it would be all complaining lol i had joined one before and all it was about was egyptian bashing. didnt like it. (sorry for typos in last post lol)

Hi,

Is it me or we are :offtopic: here? :whistle:

Armand

congrats Almirza all the best to you and your fiancee

@Alimirza, congratulation!
@Valibilic, to cut this discution, the woman can ask the man to sign a paper which do not allow him yo get married a second wife. This is what i did and this is totaly legal.

Salma #1 wrote:

@Alimirza, congratulation!
@Valibilic, to cut this discution, the woman can ask the man to sign a paper which do not allow him yo get married a second wife. This is what i did and this is totaly legal.

yes this right and legal

Assalamualaykum!!!:)

Im anne,Filipina presently working here in KSA.and divorce since 2009,but my divorce paper just done last year.while on my stage of depression i met this egyptian man online,last 2009,we become friends and fell inlove with each other,i know its crazy coz we came to know each other just on net.our egyptian doctor told me that im just dreaming,that this man whom i loved will never love me and accept me and so with his family,he said its impossible coz im not egyptian,secondly im divorce n i have 2 kids and have different culture and infact im 4 years older than him.and our doctor also told me,i met this guy on net,for sure he is chatting not only to me.i get hurt at first but i just keep on praying and asked for guidance,i said To Allah if this man not good for me pls.take him away from me.last year JUNE 2011,he invited me to visit egypt,i was so scared at first but my heart spoke for myself and i decided to visit egypt,before i went to egypt i pray to ALLAH to make me discourage if i will meet this man.and i hope   what i feel for him its not LOVE at all,its just a feeling of infatuation coz he was there for me all the time during the time i almost doesnt wanted to go on.and it bcoz i know its really impossible for him to love such a woman like me.

When the time i meet him ,i felt i knew him since long time,i was so comfortable being with him,He had a lot of chance to do something to me,take my money fool,me or even make love to me,coz i was so weak that time.But he never did!!! infact he told me,i never picked you on the street just to touch you without marriage.and i want to start my relationship to you in a Halal way,and i dont want Allah will punish us.I never expect,that there still a man who will respect me as much as he do.i feel so safe when i was with him in egypt.now im back to my work here in KSA,we are planning to marry next year in egypt on my vacation,when i was on egypt we went to phil embassy in maadi,asking bout this no objection certificate,it takes 2 weeks to get it,as what i knew the requirement for this is only non marriage certificate or the cenomar,

When i read on net the requirements for marriage,in egypt one of this is the proved of divorce,im confused bout it,i dont know what paper il prepare n where to get it,coz i have on my hand is the mutual divorce paper from sharia court both me and my ex hubby signed the agreement n his n my witness and it was registered in sharia court with registration and PD number,do you think i can use it as a prove of my divorce or there is another paper they need?or i still need this if i have my CENOMAR already?and bout the two weeks to get the no objection certificate in my embassy in egypt,you know the  alternative ways to take it in less than 2 weeks? please help !!!!thaks

Shehann. I wish you a happy life insha Allah with your would be husband. Now listen very carefully to what documents you need:

1- You need the No Objection certificate from the embassy of Philippines in Egypt.

2- If it clearly states you are Muslim (and you are not a convert), skip ahead to #4.

3- You need a certificate of conversion to Islam from Al-Azhar office of Declaration of Islam for Foreigners in Cairo.

4- You need to notarize the certificate you got from your embassy at the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Notary Office (مكتب التصديقات). There are two I know of, one in Ahmed Oraby st. in Mohandiseen, Giza, the other in Nehro St., Merryland, Heliopolis.

5- For your divorce, you need EITHER to (and please call your embassy before arriving in Egypt to make sure if BOTH scenarios are valid, since some embassies refuse one or the other) :

A- Bring it here, translate to Arabic, notarize the translation from your embassy, and then Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Check point #4). Please call your embassy since they MAY require additional steps/stamps to be done in Philippines by other government and/or court authorities.

OR

B- In Philippines, you can go to the Egyptian embassy, ask for their authorized translator, have it translated to Arabic and have the translation notarized by the Egyptian embassy.

In either cases, you need to end up with an Arabic translation of your divorce stamped with the infamous Egyptian Eagle stamp :D .... whether by the Egyptian MFA, OR by the Egyptian Embassy in Philippines.... The No-Objection does NOT waive the requirement for the document of ending of previous marriage (whether by divorce or death of spouse).

Furthermore, being a female citizen of Philippines, you can NOT get married in Egypt unless you have at least a 6-month non-touristic residence visa. I am sorry for my country exercising racism against some countries (which is outrageous), but you have to go through the following:

1- Obtain No Objection letter, notarize it.
2- Obtain notarized divorce.
3- Get a common-law (Urfi) marriage contract with a Lawyer (MUST be stamped by a lawyer's office stamp). Later on down the road you will understand the need for it.
4- You and your husband will need to take the following with you

A- Two personal photos
B- Documents Above (Urfi contract, No objection, divorce ...etc.... Original + Two copies)
C- Your Passport and his ID card (Original + Two Copies)
D- Two copies of your entry visa + latest entry stamp

Head to Window #40 in Tahrir Complex (Al Mogamma'). You will apply for a six month non-renewable visa using the Urfi contract supplemented by these documents. You both will be interviewed a few days later by an Immigration Investigative Services officer (مباحث الجوازات)  .... and your documents will be sent to National Security for a background check.

After which, you will receive your 6-month visa, which you can use to get married legally, for which you will need:

1- Five personal photos of each of you
2- Health certificate from any public hospital for both of you (which will require ID Card/Passport Copy and 2 personal photos each).
3- ID Card, Passport, Entry Stamp, Residence Visa copies.
4- Certificate of No Objection, Divorce + Copies.
5- Family Insurance Fund stamp worth 50 EGP from any post office.

and congrats !

Do NOT succumb to lawyers' tricks who might end up asking you for money to ease in the process.

The above procedures could take about a month to finish so plan ahead.

Your future husband can contact me if he wants any advice re the process.

Im so glad for giving me this information eventhough i feel a little bit hopeless,with all the requirement you mention.can u send to me your number in egypt and your email if u dont mind,il give it to him maybe after his exam on july 1,he will work for this,really we need your help,InshaAllah everything will gonna be fine,im a muslim by birth alhamdulillah,sukran!!!!

shehann wrote:

Im so glad for giving me this information eventhough i feel a little bit hopeless,with all the requirement you mention.can u send to me your number in egypt and your email if u dont mind,il give it to him maybe after his exam on july 1,he will work for this,really we need your help,InshaAllah everything will gonna be fine,im a muslim by birth alhamdulillah,sukran!!!!

Info sent. Thanks ..... Hope to help you isA

@The Egyptian
WHy do you need a certificaet of conversion to Islam - it is allowed for Muslim men to marry Christian women!!?

biffy wrote:

@The Egyptian
WHy do you need a certificaet of conversion to Islam - it is allowed for Muslim men to marry Christian women!!?

I believe you have misunderstood me here.

This is for Shehann's case who already IS a Muslim and I said this is ONLY if she was NOT born a Muslim. In previous replies where I was stating the rules generally I explicitly declared you need this only for Muslim converts.

The case for Egyptian-Foreigner Marriage (or marriage in Egypt in general) is as follows:

Muslim men can ONLY marry Muslims, Christians and Jews.

Muslim Women can ONLY marry Muslims.

So the thing is:

If the Certificate of No Objection (a.k.a embassy approval a.k.a. statutory declaration) states the religion (whether Muslim, Christian, or Jewish), no further documentation is required (unless the person was NOT born a Muslim, he will need the certificate anyways).

If the embassy document does NOT state religion (some embassies do, some don't), then in this case you need to prove the religion from the relevant religious authority (Azhar, Church, ...etc.).

@Valibilic:
I really feel how blessed I am to have guide in the best religion ever. No lies, no contradiction, just logic and clear.
Allah gave the right to the men to have 4 wives. And he also gave the right to the women to accept or not the fact to marry a man which would have more than 1 wife.
The marriage in islam is not just about love, but it is based on many things. We say that when we marry, we have accomplished half of our religion. Because it is not as easy to live a whole life with someone. Both aren't perfect and it's like a "jihad" on ourselves. A jihad (saint war) on our behaviour, patience, mutuel understanding, mercy, kindness. And God will juge us on all this.
Have I been enough patience on my husband which do not understand why it is so important to not promise me something when he knows that he MIGHT cannot be keep his promise for some reasons or would I give up and be hard on him instead to explain him over and over?
Would he understanding when I get nervous some days because it is about 1year that I did not accumulat 3 hours of sleeping because my baby is always waking me up and finally I just cannot handle my emotions, or would he give up and shout on me?
Allah in the qur'an tell us how it is important to make contracts in important situation to avoid missunderstanding. And He also elain us how much the writers have a big importance and he would be rewarded for this.
The marriage is also a contract. When we marry, we have to decide about the dowry and other things. If you do not accept your husband to have a second wife, so write it down, where is the poblem? Is it a shame? No, that's my right. If my husband wanted to have a second wife, he would never accept it and we would have split, simply!
And for sure if my husband wanted to have a second wife, you would have tell me "How stupid u r, u did not sign a contract!"
You are saying that muslima don't know about it. But it's not true. They of course know it. I would say that they just married to fastly without knowing deeply their husband.
In Egypt it is not common AT ALL to have many wives. It is not part of the culture AT ALL! And franckly speaking men which have many wives are surfing on a very new wave of salafisme whic appear in egypt just 5 or 10 years ago but wich is clearly minority. Or I would say be careful of who you are meeting. Some people say they are muslim but actually they are not, they just find the 1st opportunity to betray. And this, is NOT A PART OF ISLAM!

Valibilic. Let me tell u. When I was in sweden i knew a lebanese family. They are rich al hamdulilah. The couple are 50 years and have 4 children, now adults. The father met a ROMANIAN GIRL 18 years younger than him. She had a lot of trouble, did not have the papers to stay in sweden, didn't have a legal work. And this father ask her to marry him. She accepted knowing how much his wife and children would be hurt but she did not care because she said to love him and soon she wil have money...
Everyday she used to go to her dear friends. The wife and children. They were welcoming her.  And this romanian girl (revert to islam just before to get married, in the same day) was doing (fake?) Smile at them. Till the family understood they she was married with the father.
Finally, most of the muslim community turned their back to her because she harmed a family.   Of course the father harmed the family first. But what do u think about a man which is marring behind hisbwxife's back?? Is he a good man? Frankly! Can we say it is islam? No! It is stupidity!
The children got so choked that when they got married, they have made this paper.
People got choked and did not want their religion to be associat with such a behaviour.

In sweden aswell, i met a swedish girl revert to islam married to a lybian guy. This girl is beging her husband to marry a second wife for some reaspns. But HE doesnt want. He wants only one and her.
So see, islam is perfect! This girl need, really need her husband to have a second wife. SHE wants it and she wants it halal (legal in front of God)

Also, we have to say something very important! Marryong many wives have a very big importance! In some countries, where there have been the war, there ate a lot of women so lonely because their husband died. And there is not enough men for all these lonely women wich are struggling to survive with their children. To marry a second woman offer her and her children security, food, and serenity. Not all the countries have social benefit, nor at the middle age of our history.
After the 2nd war, many (but a minority) women became lesbian because they were too lonely! Their husbands died during the war.

After saying all this, yes I say it again, and again, and again... MY RELIGION IS JUST SO PERFECT! I am blessed by Allah! Al hamdulilah!

This romanian girl which i talk about told me some surprising things about her ex-religion. She was orthodox christian. She told me that it is not allowed for a woman to sleep with her husband when she has her period. She told me many other stuffs. But i respect. I do not attck this religion.
And it is not because some romanian girls do bad things that im telling all the romanian are bad. You are romanian right? So thx to attack the egyptian and muslim belivers.

Finally, i advice u to open a new topic instead to annoyed people and to hurt them. It is not polit to break people's dreams when they are talking about their marriage. The good and normal things is to congratulat them. If u want to advert people on how bad are egyptian open a new topic. It's better.

Salma #1 wrote:

@Valibilic:
I really feel how blessed I am to have guide in the best religion ever. No lies, no contradiction, just logic and clear.
Allah gave the right to the men to have 4 wives. And he also gave the right to the women to accept or not the fact to marry a man which would have more than 1 wife.
The marriage in islam is not just about love, but it is based on many things. We say that when we marry, we have accomplished half of our religion. Because it is not as easy to live a whole life with someone. Both aren't perfect and it's like a "jihad" on ourselves. A jihad (saint war) on our behaviour, patience, mutuel understanding, mercy, kindness. And God will juge us on all this.
Have I been enough patience on my husband which do not understand why it is so important to not promise me something when he knows that he MIGHT cannot be keep his promise for some reasons or would I give up and be hard on him instead to explain him over and over?
Would he understanding when I get nervous some days because it is about 1year that I did not accumulat 3 hours of sleeping because my baby is always waking me up and finally I just cannot handle my emotions, or would he give up and shout on me?
Allah in the qur'an tell us how it is important to make contracts in important situation to avoid missunderstanding. And He also elain us how much the writers have a big importance and he would be rewarded for this.
The marriage is also a contract. When we marry, we have to decide about the dowry and other things

Well said. May Allah bless you, your husband and your baby, sister.

Amin, may Allah bless u too!

I finally finished my long story, it was hard with my daughter, and im also writing from my pad, so sorry for all the mistakes, it's hard and long to correct.

Dear members,

Some off-topic posts have been moved from the thread.
I would like to remind you that the thread is not about religion and we suggest you to stay on topic.

Thanks
Armand

Dear valibilic!

This sentence is actually saying that they are NOT all bad!
Now could we please stick to the topic or we shall moderate posts.

Thanks
Armand

Off Topic!!

But surely posts evolve and reach out to include other topis - and a slong as it is healthy debate - surely there is no harm done!!
It is great that on a site such as this you have expats (for whom the site was meant for really) and 'locals'.
But I also have to say that when the 'locals' start to get defensive because of some of the topics / threads / posts don't paint the country in question in rosy hued light - they get upset.

Surely an expat site is here for just that - for expats to ask questions / post their frustrations / likes / dislikes.
About every country there are positive and negatives - and there is no-one in any country who can deny that - also if anyone does dent that then they surely shouldn't be reading sites such as this.

It is great if I need something and the community of 'locals' can help me out - that's definitely a positive.

When they help in any issues - that's definitely a positive.

But when they don't like the fact that not everyone finds everything here in EGypt hunky dory and has a gripe about it - they don't like it - then it begins to be negative!!

But hey I guess I am off topic here!!

biffy wrote:

Off Topic!!

But surely posts evolve and reach out to include other topis - and a slong as it is healthy debate - surely there is no harm done!!
It is great that on a site such as this you have expats (for whom the site was meant for really) and 'locals'.
But I also have to say that when the 'locals' start to get defensive because of some of the topics / threads / posts don't paint the country in question in rosy hued light - they get upset.

Surely an expat site is here for just that - for expats to ask questions / post their frustrations / likes / dislikes.
About every country there are positive and negatives - and there is no-one in any country who can deny that - also if anyone does dent that then they surely shouldn't be reading sites such as this.

It is great if I need something and the community of 'locals' can help me out - that's definitely a positive.

When they help in any issues - that's definitely a positive.

But when they don't like the fact that not everyone finds everything here in EGypt hunky dory and has a gripe about it - they don't like it - then it begins to be negative!!

But hey I guess I am off topic here!!

Biffy. I agree with you, however, constructive criticism, or objective criticism is OK, insults are not.

Besides, being an expat myself (Egyptian in another country), I have seen the other POV myself and I have to tell you, that public displays of hate/dislike towards the host country is never a nice thing.

Your profile says you are British. Imagine Egyptians - or any other nationality - in the UK, publicly dissing the UK (even if it's in an expat forum). I assume the expected reaction for British members of the forum would be to tell them to pack and leave if they don't like it.

Expats are expats for a reason. In other words, people VOLUNTARILY move to another country (or even sometimes seek to move to another country) for a good reason. Mostly a better job opportunity, better position, better pay ...etc. No body moves to another country they don't like unless there is a really good reason behind it. PERIOD.

It is one thing to not like the host country, and it's another thing to publicly announce it left right and center.

Salma #1 wrote:

@Valibilic:
The marriage is also a contract. When we marry, we have to decide about the dowry and other things. If you do not accept your husband to have a second wife, so write it down, where is the poblem? Is it a shame? No, that's my right. If my husband wanted to have a second wife, he would never accept it and we would have split, simply!
And for sure if my husband wanted to have a second wife, you would have tell me "How stupid u r, u did not sign a contract!"
You are saying that muslima don't know about it. But it's not true. They of course know it. I would say that they just married to fastly without knowing deeply their husband.
In Egypt it is not common AT ALL to have many wives. It is not part of the culture AT ALL! And franckly speaking men which have many wives are surfing on a very new wave of salafisme whic appear in egypt just 5 or 10 years ago but wich is clearly minority. Or I would say be careful of who you are meeting. Some people say they are muslim but actually they are not, they just find the 1st opportunity to betray. And this, is NOT A PART OF ISLAM!

Valibilic. Let me tell u. When I was in sweden i knew a lebanese family. They are rich al hamdulilah. The couple are 50 years and have 4 children, now adults. The father met a ROMANIAN GIRL 18 years younger than him. She had a lot of trouble, did not have the papers to stay in sweden, didn't have a legal work. And this father ask her to marry him. She accepted knowing how much his wife and children would be hurt but she did not care because she said to love him and soon she wil have money...
Everyday she used to go to her dear friends. The wife and children. They were welcoming her.  And this romanian girl (revert to islam just before to get married, in the same day) was doing (fake?) Smile at them. Till the family understood they she was married with the father.
Finally, most of the muslim community turned their back to her because she harmed a family.   Of course the father harmed the family first. But what do u think about a man which is marring behind hisbwxife's back?? Is he a good man? Frankly! Can we say it is islam? No! It is stupidity!
The children got so choked that when they got married, they have made this paper.
People got choked and did not want their religion to be associat with such a behaviour.

In sweden aswell, i met a swedish girl revert to islam married to a lybian guy. This girl is beging her husband to marry a second wife for some reaspns. But HE doesnt want. He wants only one and her.
So see, islam is perfect! This girl need, really need her husband to have a second wife. SHE wants it and she wants it halal (legal in front of God)

Also, we have to say something very important! Marryong many wives have a very big importance! In some countries, where there have been the war, there ate a lot of women so lonely because their husband died. And there is not enough men for all these lonely women wich are struggling to survive with their children. To marry a second woman offer her and her children security, food, and serenity. Not all the countries have social benefit, nor at the middle age of our history.
After the 2nd war, many (but a minority) women became lesbian because they were too lonely! Their husbands died during the war.

After saying all this, yes I say it again, and again, and again... MY RELIGION IS JUST SO PERFECT! I am blessed by Allah! Al hamdulilah!

This romanian girl which i talk about told me some surprising things about her ex-religion. She was orthodox christian. She told me that it is not allowed for a woman to sleep with her husband when she has her period. She told me many other stuffs. But i respect. I do not attck this religion.
And it is not because some romanian girls do bad things that im telling all the romanian are bad. You are romanian right? So thx to attack the egyptian and muslim belivers.

Finally, i advice u to open a new topic instead to annoyed people and to hurt them. It is not polit to break people's dreams when they are talking about their marriage. The good and normal things is to congratulat them. If u want to advert people on how bad are egyptian open a new topic. It's better.

Dear Salma, I do agree with you and I respect your opinion about Islam . I wish you all the best.

Regards
Galal

Yes - but maybe sometimes it needs be said.
Also sometimes it easier to recall the bad things not the good things.

But my last post wasn't about writing about bad things - but about going a little off topic - it isn't always a bad thing - it creates debate.

But back to the last one - not everyone likes the country they have come to live in - working in a place is very different from coming to visit for a couple of days!! Also in some countries the attitude towards 'foriegners' isn't good!!
Also again surely an expat site sometimes is the place where people vent those feelings - thinking they are in company that may / may not understand!!!.
Some observations about my own country I agree with, some I don't.  But again I cannot disoute what expats say about my country - becuase I am not an expat in my country.  But also - yes - there are some things that are just so - and cannot be changed.
SOme things cannot be changed but I wonder how they got like that!

And agin this is a site for expats (no offence intended for any of the Egyptian members) and sometimes they are going to write something that a 'local' won't like about theuir own country - but that doesn't make i not so!!

Oh heck I am off topic again - but never mind.

And yes I ahve actually said to a couple of expats who are here - why are you here if you hate it so much? And the answer comes back - I am here for a limited amount of time and I will put up with it until I decided to leave - maybe the saving grace for them is that they enjoy their job and the money they are getting paid!!

For example - many expats dslike living in KSA very much - and even live there without their families - but they do it becuase the money is very good and it is a means to an end!!!

congratulations in advance

Hello

I am a Norwegian woman getting married to an Egyptian man next year.

I have a question about this health certificate. I asked the Norwegian embassy, but they know nothing about it. Does anybody know what they check in this test? How much does it cost? and and how long does it take to get it.

Is it enough with 10 days in Cairo to get all the papers and get married?

Anybody knows?

Maria

Your future husband can find the answers to your questions...

Norwegiangirl5 wrote:

Hello

I am a Norwegian woman getting married to an Egyptian man next year.

I have a question about this health certificate. I asked the Norwegian embassy, but they know nothing about it. Does anybody know what they check in this test? How much does it cost? and and how long does it take to get it.

Is it enough with 10 days in Cairo to get all the papers and get married?

Anybody knows?

Maria

Health certificate is a scam by the Egyptian government to collect fees. We got it in half an hour, they did NOT check anything, unless making us sign and give fingerprints is considered a check :D

The only thing you need to know, is to ask the Norwegian embassy how much time, what documents, and how much money you need to get the Certificate of Non Impediment (a.k.a embassy's approval to marriage). Also you need to ask about working days/hours of the embassy.

This varies greatly from embassy to embassy. Some embassies issue it same day, some take a week, some embassies need no documents, some embassies need a ton of documents (Sometimes documents you need to bring with you from your home country). Some embassies work every day, some embassies work a day or two of the week ......etc.

So it's better to call the embassy and ask for this and be prepared.

The rest can be taken care of in one day (health certificate, post stamp, personal photos, ID and passport copies).

Also, religion is another important thing that you need to check.

If you are Christian or Jewish, you need to ask if your embassy will state your religion in the above mentioned certificate, if yes, it will save a lot of time, if no, you will need to visit a church/synogauge in Cairo and obtain a certificate of belonging to this religion.

If you are a Muslim (or converting to Islam), it's as follows:

1- if you are born Muslim, and the embassy will state that in your certificate, all good (same as above)

2- If you are born Muslim, and the embassy won't state that, or if you converted/are converting to Islam, you will have to visit Al Azhar office of declaration of Islam to obtain a certificate. It might take 3-4 days to obtain it, so you better start as soon as you arrive.

Congratulations

i  still  dont get  it if  you  get married in  egypt  why dont they give  you some proof that you  are married ? and make you wait  for  marriage  certificate ? no  one  wants to be seperated  from  their new spouse  .and  what  documents  do you and your husband to be need to get married  there .iam  leaving canada in  2  days  to  go to  cairo  for my marriage  we have alot of  documents  that are noterized and  ready to  go  but it is not clear  what  you really need  my  fiance is  egyptian iam  canadian thanks  hopefully  we  get answers for  anyone  who knows  and  not just  questions  from  ppl ty

When we got married it took about 4 days to get all the paperwork and get it stamped etc.
You need notice from your own Embassy, plus the health certificate which you can pay to get, a family stamp from the post office, birth certificate, visa.  Its alot of running and around and in the end you just go to the Egyptian town hall place and you hand it all in and just sign the form and you get a slip of paper and your certificate comes abouta  week later.  You also need 6 photographs.
Put in your internet brouser, getting married in Egypt and you wil lget lots of info.  The official notice from my Embasy charged me 1300LE so bring lots of money to pay and tip guys off who will get you to the front of the queue.  Its all about paying people off to get what you want in Egypt.
Weve been married nearly 2 years now. 
I still love my husband very much and do not reret getting married to him. I did try to get a visa for him to visit England but it was refused.
I wish you all the best and hope you can sort everything out xxx

Hi

My daughter is marrying an Egyptian man in May this year. 

Could I please ask, are family allowed into the Room that they "marry" in.  Being her mum I want to be with her when she marries

Many thanks

Lesley

Hi Lesley,

I got married to my hubby in Cairo and really it is nothing like our weddings.  Anyone can go in the room and it isn't a nice room.  Men smoking, you just stand at the side as if you are stood in a queue in Tesco and he asks you if you want to marry and you say yes and visa versa and then he says do you want conditions putting on your marriage and you discuss this and that is it. 
I am sure you would want to do something afterwards and that would be the time you would celebrate.  It is just a formality signing of the papers.  You go back about a week or so later to colelct your marriage certificate. 
I would say though that the Egyptian marriage is not recognised in England unless you register it yourself at the British Embassy.  Unless you are attempting to get a visa for travel to England, there is no benefit to doing this and shoudl it all go parishaped, your daughter can walk away. Always something to bare in mind of course....
Just make sure your daughter keeps herself financially protected as once married the husband can obtain access to bank accounts etc. should he wish.  Under Islamic law, what the woman brings into the marriage should should stay with the woman and he should not be requesting money of any kind.  I have learnt lots from living and being married to an Egyptian and although my husband was a wonderful man, once he had died his brother tried to access my bank account and steal my flat.  He didn't succeed however I was devastated to find out that he had tried so please just be  careful and dont fall into the trap of believeing what they say, even if they say their family is struggling, sick etc.  They aren't, its just a way of emotionally blackmailing you. 
English are known in Egypt of being too nice and kind and we are taken for granted so stay strong and assertive and keep in control at all times.

Good luck with it all,

Caroline

Seems you have good experience about this, have you went through this

I love the comments on this site it is so helpful as sometimes the embassy website can be a little bit confusing and not give you all the information you need.
I am coming to egypt in may to be married and am very happy  :) I think i understand everything i need to do but does anyone know which hospital we would need to go to for the health certificates please? :)

because the girl in egyptian civlization is just a queen ,only little who have the right to shake hands with her . So ,who win that gift ?????? the answer is the man who deserve her and will keep her in safe

posidrive66 wrote:

Just make sure your daughter keeps herself financially protected as once married the husband can obtain access to bank accounts etc. should he wish.

with all due respect, this is [Moderated: mind your language on the Forum please] .........

Well I am only quoting what women have experienced and they have told me.  So don't say it is ***  when it happens.I am only saying to be careful and to be honest having experienced what I have done the last six months am now very careful.  My husband was the love of my life and he never asked me for anything however as soon as he died, his brother was on my case trying to steal my flat.  Goodness what else he has done with our marriage certificate.   
I have also been told of women who are married to Egyptians who have gone into the bank and cleared accounts so please I am only talking about my experiences and passing it on.  It is up to the individual what they do.  I certainly know what I won't do from now on.

I am a Filipina working in here in Saudi Arabia as a nurse.. I met this Egyptian guy who is the pharmacist in our clinic 2 years ago and we fell in love. although our relationship is secret and we only chat and message each other via online or skype. but he was engaged then but he said that he didn't love that woman because it is only a family relation and his mother wants that woman for him.

Apparently when he had his vacation last year he married this woman and became pregnant.i was very very sad at that time coz i never expected that he will marry the girl that his mother wants to. I had my vacation also last year when I knew that... he was in Egypt and I am in the Philippines for my vacation. then when I came back here  I thought that everything was ended... I never had any news from him if he will be back here or stayed in Egypt for good...I totally overcome the situation and accepted it even its really hard for me.. but not seeing him in my workplace helps me a lot.

But early September last year he came back here. I didn't mind him at all I don't care if his here already but all I knew then that I hope I couldn't see him again. I erased him in my social network.. all the chat that we are connected from before. but then after a week of his arrival I received a notification that he want to befriended me again.. not knowingly what to do but still in my heart I want to talk to him so I accepted it. we talked and he explains everything to me what happen in Egypt and he said he couldn't do anything more because his mom is sick and he doesn't want him to be upset thats why he did that... we talked everything and I cried a lot coz I really really do love him.. and in the end we decided to continue our relationship not sure what will happen in the future.. I accepted him even he is already married coz that's how I love him. and until now we still continue this relationship and he promised to marry me in Egypt when we had our vacation, but I don't know how he will do that. I accept being the second wife coz I really feel that he doesn't have any feelings for his wife right now all his time are with me and we enjoyed every moment we spend together.

He told me his plan that he want to marry me in Egypt but knowing my workplace I cannot go out to process my papers here if ever. and what documents shall I need in order for it  to be processed. his also here in Saudi Arabia so what he can do about it so I can tell him coz he doesn't have any idea how it will work with us. or it will be valid coz he will get married a second time around? please I need your response right away coz i been praying to Allah that if He really wants us to be together he will works ways it order for  it to happen. Inshallah! ya RABB! Ameen

shams190512 wrote:

I am a Filipina working in here in Saudi Arabia as a nurse.. I met this Egyptian guy who is the pharmacist in our clinic 2 years ago and we fell in love. although our relationship is secret and we only chat and message each other via online or skype. but he was engaged then but he said that he didn't love that woman because it is only a family relation and his mother wants that woman for him.

Apparently when he had his vacation last year he married this woman and became pregnant.i was very very sad at that time coz i never expected that he will marry the girl that his mother wants to. I had my vacation also last year when I knew that... he was in Egypt and I am in the Philippines for my vacation. then when I came back here  I thought that everything was ended... I never had any news from him if he will be back here or stayed in Egypt for good...I totally overcome the situation and accepted it even its really hard for me.. but not seeing him in my workplace helps me a lot.

But early September last year he came back here. I didn't mind him at all I don't care if his here already but all I knew then that I hope I couldn't see him again. I erased him in my social network.. all the chat that we are connected from before. but then after a week of his arrival I received a notification that he want to befriended me again.. not knowingly what to do but still in my heart I want to talk to him so I accepted it. we talked and he explains everything to me what happen in Egypt and he said he couldn't do anything more because his mom is sick and he doesn't want him to be upset thats why he did that... we talked everything and I cried a lot coz I really really do love him.. and in the end we decided to continue our relationship not sure what will happen in the future.. I accepted him even he is already married coz that's how I love him. and until now we still continue this relationship and he promised to marry me in Egypt when we had our vacation, but I don't know how he will do that. I accept being the second wife coz I really feel that he doesn't have any feelings for his wife right now all his time are with me and we enjoyed every moment we spend together.

He told me his plan that he want to marry me in Egypt but knowing my workplace I cannot go out to process my papers here if ever. and what documents shall I need in order for it  to be processed. his also here in Saudi Arabia so what he can do about it so I can tell him coz he doesn't have any idea how it will work with us. or it will be valid coz he will get married a second time around? please I need your response right away coz i been praying to Allah that if He really wants us to be together he will works ways it order for  it to happen. Inshallah! ya RABB! Ameen

Hi and welcome to the forum
You should not trust this guy as he has not won your trust the first time around so why would you want to trust him a second time. He has preyed on your vulnerability and your loving nature. He has used you. If he has done it once to you and is now considering doing it to his wife then why trust him ??  Forget him, move on and get on with your life.

Life is a learning curve so learn from this and get on with your life.

Egyptian men can take up to four wives although he must provide the same foe each and every one of them.  It is usual for the man to take an Egyptian woman for his first wife.  Personally speaking I would not get involved as he has or will have children and he should be with them regardless of whether he has feelings for his wife or not.  There are lots of wonderful men around so accept he has made the choice and married the woman so move on....life is wonderful!

I am a expat working in UAE ! I came here in egypt to marry a egyption girl ! But by reading on this forum it seems its quite difficult to make it done in a week . I hope someone tell me exactly what documents required for marriage if you are a pakistani citizen

Well said The Egyptian I too get sick of hearing people on this site bad mouthing Egypt and Egyptians ...If you don't like it leave and go back to your own country.
To the lady who is getting married MABROOK! ! and I hope all goes well for you Insha Allah

Hi Waqar A Sheikh,

Have you read the whole thread? You might find some useful info, or you can start a new topic with specific questions on the forum. Thank you.