Pros and Cons of Living in Salmiya

I am from India have been living in Salmiya for the past 10 or more years and i found it to be a good peaceful place so far except for crimes happening here and there like theft and robberies at knife point in the night if you walk on the streets alone but its a great hangout place in your free time if you like swimming and other sports like volleyball and football and badminton ,tennis e.t.c .There is a sports club in Salmiya which encompasses all of this and for family outings there are good restaurants indian and international and arabic.

There are a few cons of living in Salmiya which I am going to list out as follows:

1.There is no proper typing center in Salmiya for typing official paperwork for residency transfers, visit visa formalities and children's residency.Except for car insurance there are no proper typing centres in and around block 12 and block 10.I don't know if recently anything is opened.So Something must be done about it.
There is just one typing near Salmiya Jawazaat but that is like a sheesha chamber filled with cig smoke and there is too much crowd most of the times and its far from where i stay.

2.Car Spare parts branches for toyota nissan or mitsubishi or even american car sparts not one office branch is available.Its all available in Sharq or shuwaikh which really sucks.Our Cars can break down in Salmiya anytime and if want any spare part urgently there is not one car spare parts show room anywhere in the vicinity of Salmiya i know about.

3.Well Housing Rent is being spiked with new buildings coming in and old buildings being  torn down to rubble.New Rent is going to be 300 KD plus for a Two bedroom hall kitchen with two bathrooms.Decent Middle class families will have a hard time getting by the month as expenses mount up.

If you know of any more pros and cons of living in Salmiya you are welcome to add,Cheers all of you at Expat.com have a great day:).

Well, traffic is a complete disaster for one thing.

2. does not really count. name me one country where automobile dealerships have branches in EVERY area, that is preposterous. they should be located in the industrial parts of town.

everything else u said is correct.

you should change the topic to just cons coz i did not see a single pro about salmiya, so i'll add some:

1) proximity to beach
2) proximity to malls
3) for many decades salmiya has been the central hub of kuwait for youths and all to have fun, shop and walk around.
4) availability of open spaces (gardens), few and far between but still available.

Well I don't think its preposterous to have a spare parts shop for cars in every city or town.I think USA China and france have all spare parts shops in every city

Take for example Al Sayer spare parts has spare parts shops in Farwaniya,Sharq,Fahaheel,Jleeb et cetera.Most of the cities i mentioned are not in industrial area.These are residential areas as well.So Legacy how can you tell this is preposterous?...lol...
So if they can have in these cities...why not Salmiya?

Regarding your Pros you mentioned.I concur with it.

I can only speak for the US, but I know for a fact that not every city/town has a spare parts shop. More often than not, parts have to be ordered from some other place. Sometimes those places are overseas.

Hello,i want to know where i can play badminton here in salmiya..

On a badminton court,

or

in salmiya garden .. tthere is one spot straight to the entrance .. there are line drawns and two light poles can be used for putting up the net .. in winter and spring i used to go with my friends to play in evenings untill night.

There are some spare parts shop in hawally residentials blocks .. but they sell parts expensive by certain fills higher .. so it is better to go to hub of spare parts and automobile repair market .. which is canada dry street and adjacent streets .. good bargain and variety of mechanic options .. plus if car needs anything extra one can find it round the corner .. plus repair time is less too...

what salmiya block 10 need is  bank branches and ATMs .. there are hardly any ATMS around .. one has to go to rashid hospital or petrol pump near jawazaat round circle ..