Newly arrived!!

اهلا و سهلا كلكم    Hello to you all in Amman.  I am from the US and arrived a few weeks ago.  I will be here for close to a year.  While work keeps me busy, I do enjoy getting out for other activities.  I have a very nice and large apartment plus a car, which makes this time here much better.  Though, you cannot spend your evenings or days off with the same people you see at work with all day.  I speak Standard Arabic and am interested in improving Ammiya.  I am also very much in to photography and always looking for someone or something to photograph.  I am outgoing and enjoy fun conversation.  If you find that you are bored, let me know... Maybe we can get some coffee.  Do any of you know if there is a place that shows the Pittsburgh Steelers football games?  If you are interested in a picture please PM.

Hi there Kilted drummer and welcome to Amman, to be honest, I thought your were a scotsman with your user name lol. I myself don't watch football, but I'm sure that someone will come along on this forum soon that can help you. Hope you find lots to do and find many friends.

Ladyluck, 100% Scot (MacTavish) by blood, the screen name is a true representation.. :-).  Football is not the only thing I enjoy doing.  Clothes shopping is fun also, just came back from doing that.

Ahlan wa Sahlan fi Al Urdun and welcome on board to this site Kilted drummer.
I hope you will like it here.

If I am correct you wearing a kilt?
I hope not all the time because it can be very windy here and you don't want to upset the people here. Do you? :lol:

Primadonna, lol, not currently wearing one... Did not bring one with me either.  The wind wouldn't upset everyone ;).  I do have a pic or two of me in mine.

You are right that the wind will not upset everyone but if you wearing a kilt on a windy day, then yes.

And I want to see those pics!!!

Can you share it?

Trying to see attach one for you.  Cannot seem to figure it out.  PM me.

Hi Kilted welcome in Jordan.

Hi Kilted i come in Amman in october end  i want rent one apartment whit 2 room.Please if you know one persone who heave one apartment furnished for rent  ,please tell my.My budget is around 300-350 jd. i want rent before i come.Thank you .My email is  [email protected] . Thank you.Regards Felicia

Hi feliciacilibia,

Please feel free to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Amman section, this might be helpful in your search. :)

Regards,

David.

Hi kilted, how r u?
Maybe we can have some coffee together and share with u some amiyah language :)

I'll pm u with my Mob. No.
Enjoy

I tried wearing a Kilt once..very breezy I must say :P

Hope that Jordan is treating you well. Am Jordanian living in Jeddah and will be in Amman in a couple of weeks for around 6 weeks. Will be free most of the time so thought I might try and meet new people for coffee or some outdoors activity

Can be breezy..lol

hi there!

Hi there and welcome to Jordan...!
Would be very interested to find out more about amman and make some friends.... been here since March this year and I must say that I have not been able to explore the place as much as I would have liked.
So if you don't mind me tagging along...would be happy to join :)

I have a subscription to NFL Game Pass which lets me watch any game on demand (live or delay).  You are welcome to watch your Steelers with me some time. Message me for more details.

Cal